What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 is now available for all supported models. The main change of this release is the addition of support for AiMesh (both router and nodes) for those models that are compatible (RT-AC87U and RT-AC3200 are not supported).

Update (14-Dec-2019): 384.13_2 is now available for RT-AC87U and RT-AC3200, including various fixes such as Let's Encrypt support for ACMEv2.

Update:
384.13_1 for the RT-AC87U, which resolves AP mode for that model.

This release also includes a number of fixes. The highlights:
  • AiMesh support for both router and nodes. See the AiMesh section below for more information. Please visit the Wiki for more information.
  • Updated RT-AX88U to GPL 384_6210.
  • dnsmasq now uses OpenSSL instead of Nettle for DNSSEC cipher operations. This allows dnsmasq to validate a wider range of ciphers.
  • Note for developers, the dhcp_staticlist format was changed to revert back to the same format as stock firmware (for AiMesh compatibility). The hostname field was moved to a separate variable, dhcp_hostnames. Note that this variable will be stored in a jffs file on the RT-AC86U and RT-AX88U due to limitations on variable length for their HND platform. That means that a backed up config file will not restore these hostnames when restored (but using a JFFS backup will).
  • Some changes also had to be done to the webs_* variables that are used by the new firmware checks, which might affect script developers that were accessing those variables.
  • A number of minor issues were fixed, see the Changelog for details

Please only post in this thread about this specific release.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Last edited:
Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 is now available for all supported models. The main change of this release is the addition of support for AiMesh (both router and nodes) for those models that are compatible (RT-AC87U and RT-AC3200 are not supported). This release also includes a number of fixes. The highlights:

• AiMesh support for both router and nodes. See the AiMesh section below for more information. Please visit the Wiki for more information.
  • Updated RT-AX88U to GPL 384_6210.
  • dnsmasq now uses OpenSSL instead of Nettle for DNSSEC cipher operations. This allows dnsmasq to validate a wider range of ciphers.
  • Note for developers, the dhcp_staticlist format was changed to revert back to the same format as stock firmware (for AiMesh compatibility). The hostname field was moved to a separate variable, dhcp_hostnames. Note that this variable will be stored in a jffs file on the RT-AC86U and RT-AX88U due to limitations on variable length for their HND platform. That means that a backed up config file will not restore these hostnames when restored (but using a JFFS backup will).
  • Some changes also had to be done to the webs_* variables that are used by the new firmware checks, which might affect script developers that were accessing those variables.
  • A number of minor issues were fixed, see the Changelog for details

Please only post in this thread about this specific release.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Awesome work!!!!! [emoji106]
Thnx Eric

Upgrade from Beta smooth as silk. Thanks RMerlin!

Dirty upgrade from 13 beta, all is fine.

Except one little thing I noticed:
Annotation 2019-08-01 031029.png

I can not see, but I can choose "www.yandex.ru" and "www.vk.com"... No biggie ;)

Dirty upgrade on the three units of my hours old AiMesh 384.13 beta1 to 384.13 with AX88U + 2x AC86U's. Firstly the AX88U, all good with all cables plugged + the USB drive (never had a problem with them installed..), AMTM, Diversion, Skynet. As requested by the code on finish, a manual Reboot. After System Log went quiet on AX88U,onto first AC86U, but it went offline after the code update. Power Off/On brought that unit back online. 2nd AC86U all went ok, came back online by itself.
Thanks Eric, Awesome!!
AiMesh update.jpg AiMesh update1.jpg

@nzwayne
I know it is completely off topic, or rather of subject.
But I am just too curious; what the hell is "On 7.0kW Inverter"? o_O:D

Last edited:
RMerlin,

Thank You! :)
Moving from Beta 1, Everything is working with my Merlin-AiMesh Router configuration, for my case including:
  • AiProtection (All turned ON)
  • Smart Connect Dual Band (Still missing TriBand as per Stock Firmware, despite Wired Backhaul)
  • DHCP (list of 43 devices)
  • IPv6 (Native)
  • VPN (Single OpenVPN Server)
  • DDNS (Asus DDNS)
Thank You! :)

@nzwayne
I know it is completely of topic, or rather of subject.
But I am just too curious; what the hell is "On 7.0kW Inverter"? o_O:D
My basement has 1x AC86U Router, sitting on top of one of my two DC->AC inverters (5.0kW & 7.0kW) for my 35x solar panels. Using the "location" field to help remind me physically where the router is.

My basement has 1x AC86U Router, sitting on top of one of my two DC->AC inverters (5.0kW & 7.0kW) for my 35x solar panels. Using the "location" field to help remind me physically where the router is.
Ahahaha, thanks you made me laugh. It just reads as if you went nuclear with your router consuming 7kW :D
Once again, sorry for the off topic I just had to... :)

I am also surprised it can emit WiFi under those circumstances, such inverter emits usually quite the noise..

Upgraded my AC3100 with no issues. Smooth as silk but my AIMesh Node which is an AC88U didnt go smooth. Tried twice but the node never recovered. It boots but sits with just power and both wireless lights on solid. If I flash back to 3.0.0.4.384 then its fine and Node is back up. Anyone out there with a AC88U as a node got it to work?

Upgraded my AiMesh router and the three nodes with 384.13. Everything (including VPN) is working great and reporting no issues at this time.

Dirty upgrade from 13 beta, all is fine.

Except one little thing I noticed:
View attachment 18810
I can not see, but I can choose "www.yandex.ru" and "www.vk.com"... No biggie ;)

Try a different browser. They are written in Cyrillic, and they show up properly for me under Chrome.

upload_2019-7-31_22-26-44.png

Upgraded my AC3100 with no issues. Smooth as silk but my AIMesh Node which is an AC88U didnt go smooth. Tried twice but the node never recovered. It boots but sits with just power and both wireless lights on solid. If I flash back to 3.0.0.4.384 then its fine and Node is back up. Anyone out there with a AC88U as a node got it to work?

Do a factory default reset on the node and re-add it.

Hey Guys I have a question.

I have always wondered what is the second file used for, exsample ,"SHA256File"

I have always seen a second file and never really new if I needed to do something with it, always just downloaded the regular file for my router at the time?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Guys I have a question.

I have always wondered what is the second file used for, exsample ,"SHA256File"

I have always seen a second file and never really new if I needed to do something with it, always just downloaded the regular file for my router at the time?

It's a text file that contains a signature generated for the firmware file. It allows people to confirm that the firmware image they downloaded hasn't been modified or corrupted, by generating a SHA256 signature themselves and comparing it with those I publish in multiple locations (including on my website, which is completely separate from the download servers).

It's a text file that contains a signature generated for the firmware file. It allows people to confirm that the firmware image they downloaded hasn't been modified or corrupted, by generating a SHA256 signature themselves and comparing it with those I publish in multiple locations (including on my website, which is completely separate from the download servers).

I see, thank you for the explanation good sir. Also thanks again for all your hard work on the FW stuff for all of us.

Dirty update from alpha 2. OpenVPN issue that I had in beta 1 seems to be fixed. Thanks!

Smooth update from beta1 to 384.13 :) (RT-AC87u)
Thanks RMerlin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!