What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.14 (and 384.13_2) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirty flashed from 384.13 with AC-5300. Had to rename the router, per the note in the change log, and I noticed that it reset the lower end of my DHCP range back to 192.168.1.2 (reserves for pixelserv) instead of 192.168.1.3. Also noticed a large number of wlc events but once I power cycled the router AND all of the clients it’s working swimmingly

Hello to all.
Just to report that my two AC66U_B1 non only had the host name changed, as reported in the changelog.
The new firmware also reset the DHCP Server IP Pool start and ending Address.
So if you experience problems with pixelserv, as was I, check over there....

Upgrade RT-AX88U & RT-AC3100 from V384.14_beta3 to V384.14 Final via dirty firmware upgrade. 30+ devices (includes gaming, streaming, downloads, etc.) and all appears to be working for main AX88U router.

I have this weird situation where I update the firmware for the RT-AC68U from the GUI, it run all the way to the end, but it only says completed.

The build number doesn't change nor does it reboot. What possibly could I be doing wrong?

I double checked that I was the correct firmware version and firmware type for my router

I have this weird situation where I update the firmware for the RT-AC68U from the GUI, it run all the way to the end, but it only says completed.

The build number doesn't change nor does it reboot. What possibly could I be doing wrong?

I double checked that I was the correct firmware version and firmware type for my router

Try to remove any usb-drive and reboot and try again. Or you have a not supported router even you state you have a rt-ac68u.

Try to remove any usb-drive and reboot and try again. Or you have a not supported router even you state you have a rt-ac68u.

I don't have a USB plugged in.... I even tried the original ASUS firmware.... still no changes... Firmware seems to be installing, the main page refreshes, and then nothing!

I also did a manual reset, and the factory reset as well

Dirty flashed from 384.13 with AC-5300. Had to rename the router, per the note in the change log, and I noticed that it reset the lower end of my DHCP range back to 192.168.1.2 (reserves for pixelserv) instead of 192.168.1.3. Also noticed a large number of wlc events but once I power cycled the router AND all of the clients it’s working swimmingly

When I changed my host name the end of the DHCP scope reverted to default.

Updating my AC88U from 384.13 to 384.14 and so far so good. One thing I noticed is that it updated much faster than usual. I think it was done in under 2 minutes. Usually it’s at least 3.

Did ASUS optimize their update code in 384.13?

In any case I decided to do a power off reset after updating since I wanted to do anyway in a few weeks since I had one lockup after about 60 days after installing 384.13 and I was over that.
I have the same router and share the same experience: much faster update and boot.

AC86U on 384.13

Went to update, selected the file. Just kept showing 'Applying Settings' Router eventually rebooted after i closed the browser. FW hasn't updated.

Edit: Attempted it again and this time the progress bar appeared. All done and updated :)

Last edited:
Got the update a few days ago. Seems ok so far.

Thanks for all your hard work, RMerlin

Anyone else successfully accessing their USB drive on their RT-AX88U using 384.14 w/Samba enabled in SMBv2 mode (with guest login enabled)? Per prior posts, SMBv1 works, but lost SMBv2 connectivity in 384.14 (after checking LAN->LAN IP "Host Name", device names, etc.). Reverting back to 384.13 resolves any USB connectivity issues.

Testing 384.14 on my RT-AC68U, I have no connectivity issues with Samba using SMBv2.

Hi I just joined, but have been running Merlin Firmware on my Asus RT-AC86U for over a year now.

I upgraded to 384.14 from 384.13 last night on my RT-AC86U and after upgrading none of my 2.4Ghz clients will connect. I reset the router and restored my backup and got the same issue. I downgraded to 384.13 again and rebooted and all 2.4Ghz clients connect again. So then I tried upgrading again and got the same issue. Downgraded again and all is well again. Anyone know what I can check that could be causing the issue?

Hi I just joined, but have been running Merlin Firmware on my Asus RT-AC86U for over a year now.

I upgraded to 384.14 from 384.13 last night on my RT-AC86U and after upgrading none of my 2.4Ghz clients will connect. I reset the router and restored my backup and got the same issue. I downgraded to 384.13 again and rebooted and all 2.4Ghz clients connect again. So then I tried upgrading again and got the same issue. Downgraded again and all is well again. Anyone know what I can check that could be causing the issue?
When you reset 384.14 to factory default and before you restore your 384.13 backup, do your 2.4Ghz clients connect? If they do, don’t restore the old backup and enter all your settings manually.

sabbotage please read posts 165 and 167.
I did read those posts which is why I am so baffled. I have like 30 some 2.4Ghz clients and none of them will connect so I can't imagine it's something with them. I am going to try resetting and setting everything up manually again like the other person suggested above.

I did read those posts which is why I am so baffled. I have like 30 some 2.4Ghz clients and none of them will connect so I can't imagine it's something with them. I am going to try resetting and setting everything up manually again like the other person suggested above.

Try setting the channel width bandwidth to 40mhz

RT-AC86U on Merlin 384.14_0 release version - no issues ... until adding RT-AC5300 running its latest Asus Stock firmware Version 3.0.0.4.384.81219 as Aimesh Node !!

Result: Broke Apple TV device access to Apple Store - Itunes on Windows 10 PC also affected ... cannot access AppleID account. Tried everything under the sun and on this forum [logging out of the iCloud / reseting Apple TV to factory defaults etc - no joy].

Note: The Asus Stock for RT-AC5300 has yet to patch both the Encrypt issue and latest Apple certificate issue.
Can't figure out why the RT-AC5300 should cause the problem when it is a Node - not the main Aimesh Router. I can only say that resetting and running the RT-AC86U without Aimesh configured works all Apple issues - but the moment the RT-AC5300 is brought in as an Aimesh Node - Apple stuff breaks.

Solution:??? Should I install Merlin 384.14_0 on the RT-Ac5300 first [Merlin-Ware includes Encrypt Fix and Apple Fix] - reset to factory - then try and add it as an Aimesh node to the RT-AC86U as Main Aimesh Router?

I have done so much resettting and starting from fresh - that I am loath to try the above solution unless one of the experts can see a reason why the former setup fails - but the latter suggestion might succeed.

Got no response here - so opened separate thread - problem solved - see this thread ...
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...d-rt-ac5300-on-stock-3-0-0-4-384-81219.60652/

Big NB - for those running Aimesh :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!