What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.15 (and 384.13_4) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went from 384.14 to 384.15 and never used the Alpha's or beta so I noticed my boot loader was updated to 1.0.1.0

Just upgraded to 384.15 on my RT-AC68U. I really like the SkyNet integration.

Has the services-start script been deprecated?

I have a "cru" command in this script to schedule a log cleaning script to run. However, services-start doesn't seem to have been triggered after a reboot because my scheduled script didn't show up with cru l.

Just upgraded to 384.15 on my RT-AC68U. I really like the SkyNet integration.

Has the services-start script been deprecated?

I have a "cru" command in this script to schedule a log cleaning script to run. However, services-start doesn't seem to have been triggered after a reboot because my scheduled script didn't show up with cru l.

Read the changelog on the first page.

Been playing around with OpenVPN. Seems to work great. Currently using OpenVPN for Android (beta) with OpenVPN 3 Core active. Have removed fallbacks to 128bit encryptions. Works fine it seems.
But if I have forgotten it on and return home the VPN fails when WiFi connects... I can't seem to find a good solution to either make sure it automatically does not use VPN when connected to home WiFi or make the VPN stop shutting down internet access.
Anyone messing around with these things and have a solution? Tasker?

Been playing around with OpenVPN. Seems to work great. Currently using OpenVPN for Android (beta) with OpenVPN 3 Core active. Have removed fallbacks to 128bit encryptions. Works fine it seems.
But if I have forgotten it on and return home the VPN fails when WiFi connects... I can't seem to find a good solution to either make sure it automatically does not use VPN when connected to home WiFi or make the VPN stop shutting down internet access.
Anyone messing around with these things and have a solution? Tasker?
I'm no longer using Android, but I had Tasker set to auto enable VPN when my home wifi (SSID) disconnected and disable VPN when home wifi connects.

edit - still had the link
https://collinmbarrett.com/android-tasker-openvpn/

According to the change logs, the only difference between beta1 and the release is the following:

- CHANGED: Improved connection handling in httpd (themiron)

Is that correct?

A newer amtm version was also merged in.

Code:
merlin@ubuntu-dev:~/amng$ git log --oneline 384.15-beta1-mainline..384.15-mainline
da0c8cde1f (tag: 384.15-mainline, origin/mainline, mainline) Merge branch 'master' into mainline
c7e4e10487 (HEAD -> master, tag: 384.15, origin/master, origin/HEAD) Bumped revision to 384.15 final
fc7ed1e30a Updated documentation
8139e12a9e Merge pull request #419 from decoderman/master
608d51be9d Add files via upload
7c45041aaf httpd: fix malformed 200 OK status
01cd2be5e3 httpd: improve connection acceptance and handling

updated my AC5300 to 384.15. Nothing to report, all working alright.

Thanks Eric!

I'm no longer using Android, but I had Tasker set to auto enable VPN when my home wifi (SSID) disconnected and disable VPN when home wifi connects.

edit - still had the link
https://collinmbarrett.com/android-tasker-openvpn/
Thanks. Also found this for the app I'm using
Screenshot_20200209-193228__01.jpg

Did that. I don't see any mention of services-start. I see a note about wan-start but I'm referring to a different script.

Paraphrasing here, but wan-start is the supported way forward, while services-start will be depreciated in the next one or two releases.

Please use the search for specific changes as applied to your setup. :)

Hi L&LD,

I had a question regarding the scripts update. You mentioned that you updated all the scripts using @Jack_Yaz scripts. Doesn't all the scripts suppose to gets update when flashing the latest 384.15 version? Do i really need to update all these scripts in my router? How do i update all these scripts if i need to as i can't find the instructions?

Thanks

No, updating firmware or amtm is independent of each individual script's version.

To update each script installed via amtm, start amtm, type 'u' and you will see which scripts need an update.

You will still need to go to that script and then type 'u' or the appropriate command in that script to update it. For example, in Skynet, you would type in '10' and then '1'.

Specifically for the @Jack Yaz scripts (at least currently), you will need to not only enter 'u', but afterward, also go back to that script and type in 'uf' too.

After all the scripts are updated there may be multiple tabs showing for some of them in 'Tools' in the GUI. Simply reboot the router to get rid of the duplicate tabs. Or, if you will be updating the firmware anyway, let that reboot do it for you. :)

@WRobertE, my apologies! :oops:

Coffee! Coffee! More coffee over here, pronto! :D

Just upgraded from beta to 384.15. I have a cron script camerablock that didn't get created. It is in my init-start file.

Here is the init-start file
Code:
#!/bin/sh
cru a camerablock "*/3 * * * * /jffs/scripts/CameraBlock.sh"
[ -x /jffs/dnscrypt/manager ] && /jffs/dnscrypt/manager init-start

What am I doing wrong that camerablock didn't get created? Thanks

384.14 dirty upgrade to 384.15 on RT-AC86U all fine.

One bit of weirdness - although the time is set correctly via NTP, all INFO log entries think it is either Jan 31st or May 5th at 06:05 (Syslog entries have correct date and time when received by remote Syslog Server - actually Mikrotik's The Dude"

upload_2020-2-9_19-15-36.png

I have an issue with IPv6 forwarding. When e.g. pinging an IPv6 enabled host on the internet from the asus everything is fine. When doing the same from a machine inside my LAN I get no response.
Sounds like a routing or forwarding issue. But using tcpdump I can see ICMPv6 ECHO requests going out on eth0. It is just nothing coming back. So the requests were forwarded.
I went back to 384.14_2 and everything works again.
I even updated to 384.15 a 2nd time. The same issue occurs.
So back to 384.14_2 again

I have been running 384.15_beta1 and now 384.15 on RT86U for a week now without any drops or issues. OpenVPN client DoT, DNSSEC and even chromecast - all work fine.

Yes, for the most part everything else I tired works fine with the setting I mentioned even for the Note9. What are you chromecasting to?, the Google Home speakers cuts out during streaming music. and if I immediately try to resume the stream it tells me there is "no wifi" , but will be ok a few second later. The only thing I see in the logs those are disassociated/associated messages.

Hey, I appreciate your help but the Wiki refers to wan-start as being deprecated not services-start.
The changelog has more info:
https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/changelog-382
This from post #1 of this thread should explain.
New wan-event script, which will replace the (deprecated) wan-start script. This script will obtain the WAN unit as first parameter (0 for first, 1 for second), and the event type as the second parameter. Current event types are: init, connecting, connected, disconnected, stopped, disabled and stopping. Event type "connected" will match the former wan-start script event. Wan-start will be removed in a future release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!