What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.17 (and 384.13_8) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, "Router" it is. How could you misinterpret the written definition...

Sorry, I must have woken up confused this morning. So I should turn it on and use "Router" in Global Filter Mode. I blame it all on self-isolation:). Thanks for your help

By the way, if I apply that I noticed that there are DNS servers specified below in DNS Filter. Will that then clash with DNS-over-TLS (DoT) specified with profile as "strict". Maybe I should specify the same DNS servers

By the way, if I apply that I noticed that there are DNS servers specified below in DNS Filter. Will that then clash with DNS-over-TLS (DoT) specified with profile as "strict". Maybe I should specify the same DNS servers
Those Custom 1-3 fields are only relevant if you choose Custom 1-3 from the dropdown menus. They have no effect otherwise.

The RT-AC3200 wifi code hasn't changed in over a year. Your issue is unrelated to this firmware release.

Interestingly I have had the exact same issues with 384.17 on the RT-AC5300 my wifi kept going down 2.4ghz was not responding, I reverted back to 384.15 and it works perfectly, could it be something else conflicting with the Wifi?

Interestingly I have had the exact same issues with 384.17 on the RT-AC5300 my wifi kept going down 2.4ghz was not responding, I reverted back to 384.15 and it works perfectly, could it be something else conflicting with the Wifi?

Strange, I came here because of the exact same issues after the last release, on my RT-AC3200. The 2.4ghz wifi seems to be crapping out from time to time now. My clients can't connect, sometimes it says invalid password, etc. I even factory reset and inputed all the settings by hand. Still unstable. I used to have my control channels on auto so I switched them back to manual channels. So far it's stable.

Hello there, it seems that since 384.16 my DNS Filter is no longer working. Can anyone verify this or is it just a glitch on my end?

RT-AC3100
Just putting this out there again, in case it was missed.

Sorry, I must have woken up confused this morning. So I should turn it on and use "Router" in Global Filter Mode. I blame it all on self-isolation:). Thanks for your help

Don't worry about mist interpreting, I can barely read it because I broke my glasses by accident and need to replace them.

@Merlin Thanks for posting the 384.18 Alpha build for the AX58U. I think i will give it a try. :)

could it be something else conflicting with the Wifi?

More likely you have it set to Auto channel, and the reboot involved in your firmware flash caused the router to switch to a different channel.

Asus AX88U 384.16 /17
Hi,
I have a question for all of you who have more experience, I have a fiber line at the rate of 500/500 Mbps for download / upload. I'm still running version 15, I installed both versions 16 and 17 when they came out, but on both versions the speed of WIFI goes down to below 100 Mbps, but when downgrading to version 15 everything goes back to normal and I get about 500/500 when I measure the speed. I wondered if it was just me or someone else experiencing the same thing.
I have to mention that my hardware is the same and I haven't made any changes.
I appreciate your feedback.

I use the RT-AC5300 and have noticed the same thing, a decrease in speed. From the comments I have read that the code of the 2.4 and 5 GHz networks has not changed but something must have affected it in the firmware updates.
Can someone share a good 5GHz and 2.4GHz network configuration that allows for maximum performance.????

Thanks in advance

I use the RT-AC5300 and have noticed the same thing, a decrease in speed. From the comments I have read that the code of the 2.4 and 5 GHz networks has not changed but something must have affected it in the firmware updates.
Can someone share a good 5GHz and 2.4GHz network configuration that allows for maximum performance.????

Thanks in advance

Wifi performance is affected by one's environments so someone else's settings may not do anything for you based on that fact just a FYI.

And you tried a factory reset on the router and clearing the network info from the clients and rejoining?

Wifi performance is affected by one's environments so someone else's settings may not do anything for you based on that fact just a FYI.

And you tried a factory reset on the router and clearing the network info from the clients and rejoining?

Thanks for answering. You are right, but the idea is to share the cases in which they have managed to obtain high speeds on their Wi-Fi networks. The router has so many parameters that it can affect the speed that comparing them with other configurations can solve the problem.

:)

I updated to 17 and since then I've had nothing but problems with my wifi on my rt-3100. Also, the main page would say internet disconnected even though it was working. I reverted back to 16 and wifi worked ok. I reset back to default and then flashed 17. Wifi speed is only 20mbps Internet is 110mbps. Also, wifi will intermittently say no internet. Internet is fine over ethernet. Very puzzling. I'm running Diversion, Skynet, and Speedtest. Any suggestions?

I updated to 17 and since then I've had nothing but problems with my wifi on my rt-3100. Also, the main page would say internet disconnected even though it was working. I reverted back to 16 and wifi worked ok. I reset back to default and then flashed 17. Wifi speed is only 20mbps Internet is 110mbps. Also, wifi will intermittently say no internet. Internet is fine over ethernet. Very puzzling. I'm running Diversion, Skynet, and Speedtest. Any suggestions?

I have had issues with my RT-AC3100 too. I seem to have narrowed it down to the 2.4ghz radio going up and down. I reverted back to the latest stock firmware and everything works fine. Let me know if you come up with anything.

@Weathernut you should instead remove the USB drive, flash 384.17_0 release final first, and then do a full reset to factory defaults/Initialize all setting process. Do not use a saved backup config file. Use minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP.

Seeing as you're using the scripts indicated, I would also format the USB drive before you put it back into the 'fresh' router. And to be doubly sure of your 'fresh' start, format the JFFS partition too.

Now, after confirming that the WiFi works without issues, insert the USB drive and format it using the amtm Step-by-Step guide (ignoring the part about installing amtm, of course). Add the scripts one by one (I would not be restoring anything during this testing stage for any of the scripts you use), testing as you go.

The above steps are highly recommended particularly if you haven't performed a full reset to factory defaults (while on the firmware you want to use) and/or you are imported old saved backup config files.

See the M&M Config and the Nuclear Reset guides for further details in the link in my signature below.

With a few of my customers that use RT-AC3100 routers running a similar setup as yourself, there are no issues on 384.17_0. This is either a hardware issue (which I highly doubt) or a misconfiguration issue somewhere along the way. :)

HTH. :)

@RMerlin , Any comments please?
Hello everyone,
I previously had mesh setup for RT-AC88U as main router + AC68U as node (wireless), both on 384.16 previously and now on 384.17, just few days back i added AC66U-B1 as node as well and obviously on asuswrt 384.17 as well.
Now setup is Ac88u attached wireless to Ac68u and Ac66u-b1 as wired node to Ac68u, initially , it shows Ac68u connected wirelessly as node and Ac66u-b1 as Lan node, they work perfectly fine till yesterday i found Ac66u-b1 performing very badly. After checking nodes status , i found Ac66u-B1 connected wirelessly to Ac68u instead of Lan mesh node and obviously the distance between them is long, it was a bad wireless node with very weak strength, though everything was in place already, i-e Lan cable from Ac68u to Ac66u-B1, i was unable to track why it shifted to wireless when lan was all set previously and was working fine.

I removed Ac66u-B1 mesh node and added it again and it added fine as Lan mesh node again and was working fine till this afternoon it again went wireless like prior incident, removed node again and added again and it was back again at Lan, Can anyone give me any clue why this could happen? Is it something needs fine tuning in 384.17 (Can't tell about previous versions as it was not in this setup previously)

Any help is highly appreciated
@RMerlin

@RMerlin , Any comments please?

When I set my aimseh nodes' backhaul to ethernet (both of them are cabled) they sometimes revert to wireless on their own. No clue why. But if I set them to auto then they stay on wired. Go figure. It works for me so I don't really care why. Also, you could try a different (new?) ethernet cable. Failing all that see the post above yours and consider performing an L&LD reset on at least the main router.

When I set my aimseh nodes' backhaul to ethernet (both of them are cabled) they sometimes revert to wireless on their own. No clue why. But if I set them to auto then they stay on wired. Go figure. It works for me so I don't really care why. Also, you could try a different (new?) ethernet cable. Failing all that see the post above yours and consider performing an L&LD reset on at least the main router.
How you set them to auto? Where i miss this option??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!