What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.6 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I tried that but it didn't work. I clicked decline on both (Privacy notice for ASUS and Microtrend). I've lost my Game Boost TAB :(

I did a normal restore and a Initialise = No Game Boost Tab

I went back to 384.4_2 and re-installed 384.6_0 and it poped up again where I clicked Agree on both. The Game Boost Tab located for 1 second then went away. I did a Initialise but it hasn't came back :(

How do I get my Game Boost Tab back?

Ok, I went back to 384.4_2 and I get the Game Boost Tab back. I did a Initialise and upgraded to 384.6_0 and the Tab isn't there now.

Ok, I went back to 384.4_2 and I get the Game Boost Tab back. I did a Initialise and upgraded to 384.6_0 and the Tab isn't there now.
The models I listed above the WTFast didn't work anyway. If you have one of the models I said, you are not missing anything. It didn't work..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The models I listed above the WTFast didn't work anyway. If you have one of the models I said, you are not missing anything. It didn't work..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

One reason I bought this router was for the Game Boost. You telling me WTFast has never worked on this router?!? ASUS advertises this router with WTFast...

I'm from Australia so I need the boost cause most servers are in the US.

WTFast support was removed from the RT-AC88U, RT-AC3100 and RT-AC5300

Yes from Merlin but still in stock firmware. I am assuming you are thinking of this?

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 8.59.26 PM.png

Flashed on my 3100. I was worried at first--had really slow response from the admin/web UI, and my throughput (up and down) took a hit. Fortunately it settled out on both fronts. I didn't notice any issues with the CPU, as the gui reported it. Seems to be working well at the moment. Thanks for the great work.

One reason I bought this router was for the Game Boost. You telling me WTFast has never worked on this router?!? ASUS advertises this router with WTFast...
Sorry! Some models it is reported to work. The models I listed above do not, thus, merlin removed. I hope Alexis Ifttt support and AIMesh go as well. Good riddance! Very poor security choices.

Game Boost Tab is for WTFast. Thank God @RMerlin eliminated that garbage.

Is you need LAN Boost is Adaptive QoS (rename in Game Boost tab) and install the script FreshJR Adaptive QoS (This script will reduce your ping and help you in the games)

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm from Australia so I need the boost cause most servers are in the US.

You are wrong if you think that WTFast helps reduce your ping, you have to watch this video.

WTFast, Outfox & Haste Lie About Improving Your Connection?

Game Boost Tab is for WTFshit, Thank God @RMerlin eliminated that garbage.

Is you need LAN Boost is Adaptive QoS (rename in Game Boots tab) and install the script FreshJR Adaptive QoS

No, I need a low ping by using WTFast. I can't play games with a 300 ping! WTFast lowers it to 200 so I can play games.

THIS IS A TOTAL JOKE!!!! BRING BACK WTFAST!!!!! I might just throw my router in the bin now...

No, I need a low ping by using WTFast. I can't play games with a 300 ping! WTFast lowers it to 200 so I can play games.

THIS IS A TOTAL JOKE!!!! BRING BACK WTFAST!!!!! I might just throw my router in the bin now...
Install the Firmware version 384.5 (this version still had WTFast)

From version 384.6 onwards, Asuswrt-Merlin does not support WTFast.
Code:
   - CHANGED: Updated curl to 7.60.0 (contains security fixes)
   - REMOVED: WTFast support for RT-AC88U/RT-AC3100/RT-AC5300,
              as it's incompatible with recent versions of
              curl (and has been broken for quite some time).
              Not gonna revert back to a 7 years old curl
              version just for wtfast.

You are wrong if you think that WTFast helps reduce your ping, you have to watch this video.

WTFast, Outfox & Haste Lie About Improving Your Connection?

I watched this video and I have to agree and disagree. Locally if the server is in the same country, it usually increases the ping. On the on other, if the sever is further away like Australia to US. It usually always decrease the ping. I would say it's 50/50 on games.

I've run tests where I only play Paladins these days where the Australian server is dead so I play SEA. I usually get 150 without WTFast, with WTFast I get 120. I wish to have this extra boost!! It's what I paid for!!!

Don't use Asuswrt-Merlin. Install the stock firmware and have your WTFast. Problem solved.

Install the Firmware version 384.5 (this version still had WTFshit)

From version 384.6 onwards, Asuswrt-Merlin does not support WTFshit.
Guys ..... it hasn't worked for a while so I'm not sure what benefits can attributed to this WTCrap.

It’s only been a little over 24 hours, but it looks like 384.6 fixed the memory leak I was having with 384.5. I didn’t do anything special other than flash 384.6 on top of 384.5 and the free memory on my AC-88U has been holding steady at 377 MB (more than it was under 384.5). I did reject the two agreements though.

I watched this video and I have to agree and disagree. Locally if the server is in the same country, it usually increases the ping. On the on other, if the sever is further away like Australia to US. It usually always decrease the ping. I would say it's 50/50 on games.

I've run tests where I only play Paladins these days where the Australian server is dead so I play SEA. I usually get 150 without WTFast, with WTFast I get 120. I wish to have this extra boost!! It's what I paid for!!!

That video is so old, that hardly people knew that was internet, now those programs do not scam anyone, only fools who are fooled by the marketing.

Sorry for asking the obvious, but sometimes we all miss the forest for the trees :)

Maybe you could ask them to make a non-AIMesh set of binaries, like they used to do for CTF PPPoE and non-PPPoE? or make the binaries non-AIMesh aware?

Considering half of the time getting answers out of them is like pulling teeth, it's highly unlikely to happen, especially as they would have to recompile everything for each and every router model (as the issues are in the model-specific blobs).

I never even could get an answer out of them regarding the recent httpd back and forth with closed source code.

Hi,

unfortunatly I do have issues since 384.6 Beta 1 to 384.6 Release with UDP streaming (SAT>IP) 384.5 Release is fine.

CU
9000h
ASUS RT-AC68U in AP Mode

An AP is nothing more than a "bridge" between your main router and your clients. You need to check your primary router instead.

That video is so old, that hardly people knew that was internet, now those programs do not scam anyone, only fools who are fooled by the marketing.
I've been using Battleping for years (better than WTFast). The only drawback is that you have to pay $10 a month. Why waste my money when I bought a AC5300 built for gaming? They should have removed it on other routers, not the AC5300!

It's a big F YOU to Gamers!

I've been using Battleping for years (better than WTFast). The only drawback is that you have to pay $10 a month. Why waste my money when I bought a AC5300 built for gaming? They should have removed it on other routers, not the AC5300!

Who's "they" you are referring to? Asus didn't remove anything, and the feature is incompatible with my firmware code so I just removed a broken feature. If you need WTFast, use the stock firmware.

You need to relax. Go back to stock and done. You are venting in the wrong thread/forum.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!