What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.6 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Updated with the new version but Im getting a recurring error message in my log on my RT-AC86U

Known issue that also happens with the stock firmware. Mastiff is closed source, so only Asus can do anything about it.

Known issue that also happens with the stock firmware. Mastiff is closed source, so only Asus can do anything about it.
Did you ever try compiling with 'AMAS=n' in target.mak? I think that may remove the AIMesh stuff?

Folks with converted TM-AC1900: I don't care if it was converted, hacked, received a paint job or got transplanted into a new case. A TM-AC1900 is a TM-AC1900, is under different legal licensing terms by Asus, and is NOT supported by me. Asus has added safeguards in the firmware upgrade process to prevent crossflashing these devices now, and I'm not going try to figure out ways to bypass these.

If you have a problem with that, take it to Asus. I'm tired of these forums being flooded with complains about this. It's already explained in multiple sticky posts.

Does the new AC87U firmware that just appeared help at all, or does its (really annoying) 382-ness count against it?

There's no source code available yet.

Did you ever try compiling with 'AMAS=n' in target.mak? I think that may remove the AIMesh stuff?

Yes, and it fails to link as various binary blobs in the rc/shared tree refer to AiMesh-specific functions.

Yes, and it fails to link as various binary blobs in the rc/shared tree refer to AiMesh-specific functions.
Sorry for asking the obvious, but sometimes we all miss the forest for the trees :)

Maybe you could ask them to make a non-AIMesh set of binaries, like they used to do for CTF PPPoE and non-PPPoE? or make the binaries non-AIMesh aware?

Whilst I'm a long time Merlin user, the router prompting a new firmware version is new to me. Just so I know, you can't update directly within the router admin pages and you must go and download the firmware file first?

Thanks!

Yes. You must download the FW from Merlin’s site and then manually upload it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flashed from 384.6 Beta 1 to 384.6 Release on 86U. No issues so far.

Last edited:
Hi,

unfortunatly I do have issues since 384.6 Beta 1 to 384.6 Release with UDP streaming (SAT>IP) 384.5 Release is fine.

CU
9000h
ASUS RT-AC68U in AP Mode

Last edited:
Flashed from 384.6 Beta 1 to 384.6 without issue. Router running normally.

Upgrade from 384.5 to 384.6 without issue.

Dang, why did I have to buy the wrong router? :p

Which is the best one to buy now, anyone?
The best now is the AC86U without a doubt. You may want to wait for something with wpa3 though. It could be a bit of a wait though...:rolleyes:

I would guess that you have not done a factory reset (initialize). I would bet you could be presented with the agreements again at that point if you did. I also believe that if you still at that point opt out then nothing TRend related will work not even what is left working now. IMHO

I tried that but it didn't work. I clicked decline on both (Privacy notice for ASUS and Microtrend). I've lost my Game Boost TAB :(

I did a normal restore and a Initialise = No Game Boost Tab

I went back to 384.4_2 and re-installed 384.6_0 and it poped up again where I clicked Agree on both. The Game Boost Tab located for 1 second then went away. I did a Initialise but it hasn't came back :(

How do I get my Game Boost back?

Last edited:
I clicked decline on both. I tried that but it didn't work. I have lost my Gaming TAB :(

I did a normal restore and a Initialise = No gaming Tab

I went back to 384.4_2 and re-installed 384.6_0 and it poped up again where I clicked Agree on both. The Gaming Tab located for 1 second then went away. I did a Initialise but it hasn't came back :(

How do I get my Gaming Tab back?
Are you referring to WTFast?

Check the change log it has been removed from 3 models I think.

It has been removed from my model AC3100 as well. Like I said check the change log in the first post.

WTFast support was removed from the RT-AC88U, RT-AC3100 and RT-AC5300

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!