What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.6 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

searched... how can i revert back safely to the latest merlin .70 build ?

Reboot,normal flash as usual from the GUI, reset and reconfig from beginning.

*I have done this often since the release of versions 384.X ( for testing bridge issues), and yes .70 is a wonderful fw :)

It is normal to see the router using more memory with this version, it is like that for everyone, the memory increases gradually after a few days but will stablize with time

Last edited:
First time using one of these builds. Just recently bought a AC3200 and I like the router very much but I've been getting some connection drops. I heard from others this might help so I'm hoping. Thank you.

First time using one of these builds. Just recently bought a AC3200 and I like the router very much but I've been getting some connection drops. I heard from others this might help so I'm hoping. Thank you.

I've been running RMerlin's firmware on my AC3200 for about a year now, with great reliability. Good luck!

will 384.7 alpha be ready for the AC 3200 soon ?
Thanks , 384.6 is running well for over 1 week , no problems

They're completely separate features.

Thanks, RMerlin. It is great to know that I can add another "layer" of protection to my home network ;) Have a lovely day and take care :)

Hi everyone

Any AC88U owners having any joy?

I thought newer Merlin update broke AC88U 2.4ghz, but the latest 2 asus firmwares also have this problem

I am currently on 384.5 and will upgrade when i have can afford some net downtime

I changed my VPN config. Since then DNS Exclusive doesn't work anymore.
It doesn't use the DNS Server provided by my VPN. It uses the ones provided for the WAN. Any idea, solution? AB-Solution started working too, because of that

Another note, is it possible to keep "Rules for routing client traffic through the tunnel" when uploading a new ovpn file? That would be great!

Firmware-Version:384.6_alpha2-g5b076fc87

@RMerlin any thoughts on that?
Or can someone confirm that experience?

Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-02 um 14.41.36.png
Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-02 um 14.41.44.png
@Xentrk thanks, I've DNS Exclusive and Policy Rules strict! Used to work before that. Any other idea?

And user config:
resolv-retry infinite
auth-nocache
route-delay 5
explicit-exit-notify 5
remote-cert-tls server

Last edited:
View attachment 13908 View attachment 13909 @Xentrk thanks, I've DNS Exclusive and Policy Rules strict! Used to work before that. Any other idea?

And user config:
resolv-retry infinite
auth-nocache
route-delay 5
explicit-exit-notify 5
remote-cert-tls server
Your ovpn config looks good. You have an entry for the router to the WAN. The only other thing I can think of is the priority of the routing table. Go to the command line and type ip rule

The lower the priority number (prior) the higher the priority in the routing table.

Your ovpn config looks good. You have an entry for the router to the WAN. The only other thing I can think of is the priority of the routing table. Go to the command line and type ip rule

The lower the priority number (prior) the higher the priority in the routing table.
0: from all lookup local

10001: from 192.168.XXX.1 lookup main <- Router

10002: from 192.168.XXX.XXX lookup main <- FireTV

10003: from 192.168.XXX.XXX to 192.168.XXX.XXX lookup main <- LocalSubs

10101: from 192.168.XXX.0/24 lookup ovpnc1

32766: from all lookup main

32767: from all lookup default

This is the output

0: from all lookup local

10001: from 192.168.XXX.1 lookup main <- Router

10002: from 192.168.XXX.XXX lookup main <- FireTV

10003: from 192.168.XXX.XXX to 192.168.XXX.XXX lookup main <- LocalSubs

10101: from 192.168.XXX.0/24 lookup ovpnc1

32766: from all lookup main

32767: from all lookup default

This is the output
I will need to flash with 384.6 to see if I can duplicate your issue. Do you have any lines in /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add file that start with "server="?

Make sure "Wan: Use DNS probes to determine if WAN is up (default: Yes) " is not set to No under Tools -> Other Settings.

I have the same message on my AC88U, but my internet doesn't work. After upgrading and logging in, the router shows the internet connection, but it doesn't work and the message changes to disconnected after refreshing the page.

Changing this setting doesn't help and neither does rebooting after the firmware upgrade. Reverted back to 384.5.

Hi everyone

Any AC88U owners having any joy?

I thought newer Merlin update broke AC88U 2.4ghz, but the latest 2 asus firmwares also have this problem

I am currently on 384.5 and will upgrade when i have can afford some net downtime
My 88U (and 86U) have been working flawlessly with the latest Merlin fw :)

Ive a sneaky suspicion that the "blocked routed clients if tunnel goes down" for policy rules isnt working

this is a snapshot of my rules using VPN client with PIA on 384.6 and i have had the vpn connection fail but still connected to the internet and showing my ISP's IP addresses in my PC Browser.

Capture.JPG

i suspect that this also happened in 384.5
other than that all works well

this is on an Asus RT-AC68u

Upgraded to 384.6 on RT-AC68U

-noticed incredibly slow upload and download speeds on 2.4ghz, and 5ghz. Usually pull 280Mbps down and 14Mbps up when paired with PCE-AC88....Getting 7Mbps down and 1.4Mbps up.
-flashed to 384.7_alpha1-g192753589 hoping it included 21140 asuswrt architecture. Experienced the same issues.
-Direct LAN connection speed still at 300Mbps down/25Mbps up

Just in case, I factory reset to default version and did a safe clean install to ver. 384.6

-Problems persist and I seem to be getting a highly fluctuating ping now as well over WAN.

As for troubleshooting,
  • I've double checked to make sure non of my cat 6 cables were loose or bad
  • Attempted turning off STP, NAT acceleration, turboqam, explicit/universal beamforming (in different combinations and set as default)
  • Made sure the control channels were free and isolated
  • Made sure there were no conflicting Mac addresses or IPs
  • Rebooted modem and RT-AC68U
  • Swapped out PCE-AC88 for PCE-AC68, still same results

Attachments

• pingtrace.png
    pingtrace.png
    332.4 KB · Views: 249
Hello,

I upgrade my rt-AC5300. I seem to have an issue with one specific device. It's a LAN connected solar inverter. It normally uploads data to a webportal but for some reason it doens't work. If I reboot the router it works once then it stops. Seeing no errors on router. Downgraded to 384.5 and issue is gone.

Everything else seems to work fine.

Upgraded to 384.6 on RT-AC68U

-noticed incredibly slow upload and download speeds on 2.4ghz, and 5ghz. Usually pull 280Mbps down and 14Mbps up when paired with PCE-AC88....Getting 7Mbps down and 1.4Mbps up.
-flashed to 384.7_alpha1-g192753589 hoping it included 21140 asuswrt architecture. Experienced the same issues.
-Direct LAN connection speed still at 300Mbps down/25Mbps up

Just in case, I factory reset to default version and did a safe clean install to ver. 384.6

-Problems persist and I seem to be getting a highly fluctuating ping now as well over WAN.

As for troubleshooting,
  • I've double checked to make sure non of my cat 6 cables were loose or bad
  • Attempted turning off STP, NAT acceleration, turboqam, explicit/universal beamforming (in different combinations and set as default)
  • Made sure the control channels were free and isolated
  • Made sure there were no conflicting Mac addresses or IPs
  • Rebooted modem and RT-AC68U
  • Swapped out PCE-AC88 for PCE-AC68, still same results
Have you forgotten or reset the WiFi connection on your devices and reconnected them? If not, might be worthy a try.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!