What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.6 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is anybody having issues with WAN to LAN speed? This may not be related to this specific version, but I just had my internet upgraded to 300 mbps and I could barely get 230 mbps. CPU 1 was at 100%. Shouldn't this traffic be bypassing the CPU?

I then disabled NAT Acceleration, and suddenly I'm doing 280 mbps with CPU 1 @ 100%.

This is on an RT-AC68U, which in stock form can supposedly do 700mbps+.

Is anybody having issues with WAN to LAN speed? This may not be related to this specific version, but I just had my internet upgraded to 300 mbps and I could barely get 230 mbps. CPU 1 was at 100%. Shouldn't this traffic be bypassing the CPU?

I then disabled NAT Acceleration, and suddenly I'm doing 280 mbps with CPU 1 @ 100%.

This is on an RT-AC68U, which in stock form can supposedly do 700mbps+.

Looks like I'm experiencing the issue here: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...ut-after-upgrading-from-380-to-384-4_2.45739/

The last post says to clear nvram and reconfigure from scratch, but I'm pretty sure I did that when I updated from to 384 because the changelog said to. I'll try it again and report back.

I have sometimes experienced extreme slowness with my OpenVPN connection after flashing to a new FW versions. A factory reset and re-entering values manually fixed it every time.

most times SSH command will do it, but not in all cases: service restart_httpd

7VcYFB7.jpg

Thanks! That fixed the issue!:D

2 days uptime on the refreshed 384.7 alpha1 build and everything running smoothly on a minimal setup. WiFi connection has been rock solid with my Apple devices and TVs. I believe it’s worth trying, if you enjoy testing the alpha builds. :)

I tried this version but got problems with disconnecting wifi clients both 5 en 2,4 ghz, the amount of ram growed by the hour until after 2 days the router became unresponsive (ram full) en stopped all connections wired and wireless.
i free'd ram on the cfe miniserver screen i got when i did a hard reset on the router.
done that the ram started to grow again and the cpu's both were busier by the minute until they both peaked @ 100% nearly, at that moment the cpu got too hot and the connected devices were slower and slower.
so, that was all @ a minimum config all done by the book but didn't work out good.

back to 380.70: all running very smooth nothing strange happens all good, i think i will stay there :)

Is the option for ‘Reduce USB 3.0 Interference’ no longer available to toggle? Using an AC86U.
Just moved. Select Network Map followed by USB 3.0...

This may not be related to this specific version, but I just had my internet upgraded to 300 mbps and I could barely get 230 mbps. CPU 1 was at 100%. Shouldn't this traffic be bypassing the CPU?
Are you using any of the mentioned service in this link? If so, it affects NAT acceleration. Without NAT acceleration, 280Mbps is normal, or even better than mine. But with CTF, you should be able to get pass 300++Mbps easily, and if you want more speed(up to ~930Mbps) than that you should make sure both CTF and FA is enabled. See the link above for all the details about these NAT acceleration requirements/full explanations.

Is there a way to manually disable DHCP server while in Media Bridge Mode? Somehow my RT-AC68U is responding to DHCP requests, before the primary router can respond. I've tested by narrowing the DHCP scope in router mode, then disabling DHCP, and then converting over to Media Bridge Mode.

2 days uptime on the refreshed 384.7 alpha1 build and everything running smoothly on a minimal setup. WiFi connection has been rock solid with my Apple devices and TVs. I believe it’s worth trying, if you enjoy testing the alpha builds. :)

Hi Thought I would ask you seen as you have good joy with the Alpha, do you disable anything in the wifi professional tab such as airtime fairness, universal beamforming, mu mimo and such?

I tend to disable a lot of this on my ac86u, not sure if it makes much difference, I have had a few wifi drops on 384.5 and .6 .

Wondering if I should just leave it all alone to see if I get better results with wifi. I only really disabled a lot of it based on advice I have read on these forums.

Cheers

Hi Thought I would ask you seen as you have good joy with the Alpha, do you disable anything in the wifi professional tab such as airtime fairness, universal beamforming, mu mimo and such?

I tend to disable a lot of this on my ac86u, not sure if it makes much difference, I have had a few wifi drops on 384.5 and .6 .

Wondering if I should just leave it all alone to see if I get better results with wifi. I only really disabled a lot of it based on advice I have read on these forums.

Cheers

I disabled airtime fairness as it wouldn’t let me connect my Yamaha products (same with Sonos) Aside from that, I let the rest as is. Working fine on the Alpha.

I disabled airtime fairness as it wouldn’t let me connect my Yamaha products (same with Sonos) Aside from that, I let the rest as is. Working fine on the Alpha.

Thanks pal, may do the same when I reset the router after next update, as said I disabled a lot of it but wasn't noticing issues, so may be best to leave at default and only disable things if I have issues.

Thanks. Is it safe to leave SSH on, even with using keys?
EDIT: oh, & are keys just any random thing I can put in?
Sorry it should be safe even with password login so Long as you don’t open SSH over WAN. But it is good practise to use authorised key than password login as we do know know if there is any other vulnerabilities that allow hackers access within the LAN like affected LAN devices.
Authorised key is definitely almost impossible to crack within a Long period of time compared to password login which is subjected to brute force attack.

I think it is safe to leave the ssh on so long as you don’t open services over WAN.

Let’s keep this tread for issue with the firmware. If you want more information, I think the forum already have a lot of such question. Just do a simple search and you should find the answer you need.

Cheers
Hi telUK,

These are my settings under Wireless and Professional.

5GHz

Control channel: 44 (manually set)
Channel bandwidth: 20/40/80 mhz

Under Professional settings:

Airtime fairness: disabled (disabled by default in Merlin)
Universal beamforming: disabled (leave 802.11ac Beamforming enabled)

2.4GHz

Control channel: 6 (manually set)
Channel bandwidth: 20mhz (manually set)

Under Professional settings:

Turbo QAM: disabled
Airtime fairness: disabled (disabled by default in Merlin)
Beamforming settings: disabled (both)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!