What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.6 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I was referring to post 522 and 523 above. As I stated I was confused and not sure if I was reading it correctly. So I will assume from your answer that I do not need to look for a new router anytime soon. Thanks...

Is that from the Alpha 1 build?

Or is a new Alpha 2 build about to land?

I’ve resisted up until now....

Hi, I am having weird issue with 384.6 (AC68U). After upgrade from 384.4_2 reverse lookup stop to recognize router's name. Although the name is present in LAN settings, nslookup always returns "unknown". i.e. :
nslookup 192.168.xx.1 192.168.xx.1
Server: 192.168.xx.1
Address: 192.168.xx.1#53
1.xx.168.192.in-addr.arpa name = unknown.mydomain.net
/or /
sudo traceroute -d www.onet.pl
traceroute to www.onet.pl (213.180.141.140), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
1 unknown.mydomain.net (192.168.xx.1) 0.299 ms 2.782 ms 2.791 ms
Does anyone have this issue? Any idea how to repair it?
(I have tried to add router to DHCP/static, but did not help).

I am trying to install the 384.6 beta on my 1900. I keep getting the message "firmware upgrade unsuccessful. may result from incorrect image or error transmission...". Anyone have any ideas on how to get this upgrade accomplished?

When you compile 384.7 from github, I noticed that the hnd files need to be replaced from the /release/src folder. The make clean command seems to clean only one part, the /release/src-rt-5.02hnd files. After you chuck the files, doing a git reset --hard replaces fresh files and then you compile properly. I'm not an expert compiler. Just noticed discrepancies... I got alpha 2 compliled correctly, I hope.

I am trying to install the 384.6 beta on my 1900. I keep getting the message "firmware upgrade unsuccessful. may result from incorrect image or error transmission...". Anyone have any ideas on how to get this upgrade accomplished?

Check the top of the forum. There’s a post regarding that.

Call T-Mobile and ask them for a new firmware for there branded router. NO longer supported here. Deal with it or buy a supported router.

Call T-Mobile and ask them for a new firmware for there branded router. NO longer supported here. Deal with it or buy a supported router.
I just bought this router from Amazon. It was not advertised nor is it marked as a TM item. Should I return it?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

No. Was purchased as an Asus router. Nothing to do with TM.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
James,

Make sure you’re downloading the correct file. The image format is different between the 86U and 68U.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!