What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.7 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AC86U: Contrary to my earlier statement, I'm using router back to firmware 384.6 since DFS channels don´t work for me, :(
Can choose channel 112, but will get only channel 48. Noticed when I connected AC87U in Bridge Mode

Last edited:
AC86U: Contrary to my earlier statement, I'm using router back to firmware 384.6 since DFS channels only work up to channel 48, in Germany you may use up to 112 and I need these channels :(
In a nutshell AC87U - 384.5, AC86U- 384.6
36-48 aren`t DFS channels, they are regulary ones.

And my 86U set to EU allows ch. 36-64 and 100-112 to be set @80MHz.

36-48 aren`t DFS channels, they are regulary ones.

And my 86U set to EU allows ch. 36-64 and 100-112 to be set @80MHz.
Yes of course you´re right sorry for that. Router is offering the same choice to me,
but does not implement it

Last edited:
Yes of course you´re right sorry for that. Router is offering the same choice to me,
but does not implement it
had exactly same with my first 86U but it changed channels after a reboot or turn off/on Wifi or SSH service restart_wireless, second router now immediatly changes channels, have chinese version with changeable Wifi-region setting.

had exactly same with my first 86U but it changed channels after a reboot or turn off/on Wifi or SSH service restart_wireless, second router now immediatly changes channels, have chinese version with changeable Wifi-region setting.
Hah, same device here :) Thanks a lot for your advice, will give it a try tomorrow morning

Last edited:
keep getting a billion of these in my log 88U latest firmware 384.7 Final

[Oct 11 14:35:40 miniupnpd[1460]: Failed to convert hostname 'fe80::290:a9ff:fed3:9ed2' to ip address]
its strange as i dont use VP6 protocol with TalkTalk.

Thanks i disable, and is ok. But i dont understand, previusly it was runing ok with previous version.... and now no, and my isp is the same

It was not working properly, you just didn't realize it as dnsmasq was silently ignoring it. Dnsmasq 2.80 now properly handles signed zones that don't provide a signed answer, as this could be the sign of an attempt at spoofing your DNS replies (tho most of the time it's just your upstream DNS server is not DNSSEC compatible).

@RMerlin This "Fix" I think is the cause of disconnection problem or is dnsmasq and the wireless problem I think is dnsmasq or ASUS broken wifi since version 384.6

Dnsmasq has absolutely nothing to do with wireless, it's only a DHCP/DNS/RA daemon.

Off-topic posts moved. Please keep posts in this thread about the 384.7 release.

Affirmative. 87U running 384.5, unable to upgrade to 384.7. No USB drive plugged in.
Try disable ai-protection to free up more memory and reboot and try again

Affirmative. 87U running 384.5, unable to upgrade to 384.7. No USB drive plugged in.
I temporarily disable Diversion and Skynet on my RT-AC68U to free up memory for an upgrade -- it works every time when I have issues.

I have 3 ac68u, and I'm using aimesh. I know it's not up to RMerlin, but is there any chance in the future, that merlin has aimesh support too (I know it's up to asus, to share the source code, but I'm curious about the possibility).
I would like to use entware, and swap, but without JFFS settings I can't.

I have 3 ac68u, and I'm using aimesh. I know it's not up to RMerlin, but is there any chance in the future, that merlin has aimesh support too (I know it's up to asus, to share the source code, but I'm curious about the possibility).
I would like to use entware, and swap, but without JFFS settings I can't.

You have a couple of choices but only you can decide what is more important.
1. If using your 3 ac68u together is the most important then you have to use Asus firmware.
2. If using a mesh configuration is most important there are a couple out there to pick from.
I picked an option to do both but it comes with extra cost. I run Merlin on an ac86u with entware, swap, JFFS, Skynet, Diversion, Pixelserv-tls, amtm, and an assortment of other stuff, and have an eero mesh system in bridge mode strategically located throughout my house. Perfect wifi everywhere and ALL the toys Merlin has to offer. :)

So because of aimesh is closed source, and merlin is open source then never.
Can I somehow enable JFFS settings on stock fw?

So because of aimesh is closed source, and merlin is open source then never.
Can I somehow enable JFFS settings on stock fw?

No, this requires an implementation at the firmware level, the stock firmware does not support custom scripts/configs.

[hello newbie here. i do not even know how to post a problem.
i have asus rt-ac68u with merlin firmware 384.7 alpha1 firmware. i tried to update to 384.7 latest release and it does not change to new firmware. does not say fail but does not change. i am new to this i bought this router set up already and i have been able to upgrade firmware one time successfully. please direct me where to get the info to upgrade firmware. otherwise everything is running fine. thanks, gio

i have asus rt-ac68u with merlin firmware 384.7 alpha1 firmware. i tried to update to 384.7 latest release and it does not change to new firmware.
In order:
1-Remove usb devices hooked on the router
2- reboot
3- reflash
if 384.7_a1 not change ....
4- Power cycle the router, off/on

It should work

Last edited:
In order:
1-Remove usb devices hooked on the router
2- reboot
3- reflash
if 384.7_a1 not change ....
4- Power cycle the router, off/on

It should work

And ensure you are using the 68 firmware download rather than the 86 firmware. Some users have confused the two.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!