What's new

AdGuardHome [RELEASE] Asuswrt-Merlin-AdGuardHome-Installer (AMAGHI)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nope. This was tested on my iPad and android tablet and Samsung smart TV and nvidia shield.
I speak to soon. Youtube ads is back. It only takes day for youtube realize ads fail to play and switch iver to some other ip or domain

Adguard and Unbound is working wll for the past 12 hours with out any glitch in the network that I have seem.

On my RT-AX86U, Asuswrt-Merlin 386.4, everything seems to be working fine with AdGuardHome installed, although I haven't yet tested all combinations. However, I cannot figure out one of the pre-configured settings. Under "DNS Settings/Upstream DNS Servers", I don't understand the following entries:

[/use-application-dns.net/]192.168.1.1:553
[/dns.resolver.arpa/]192.168.1.1:553

I'm using the router's DHCP service, and my LAN uses 192.168.50.xxx. Should the entries above reference 192.168.50.1:553? If not, how do these lines work?

The values configured in "Private reverse DNS servers" are using 192.168.50.1 as expected.

Last edited:
On my RT-AX86U, Asuswrt-Merlin 386.4, everything seems to be working fine with AdGuardHome installed, although I haven't yet tested all combinations. However, I cannot figure out one of the pre-configured settings. Under "DNS Settings/Upstream DNS Servers", I don't understand the following entries:

[/use-application-dns.net/]192.168.1.1:553
[/dns.resolver.arpa/]192.168.1.1:553

I'm using the router's DHCP service, and my LAN uses 192.168.50.xxx. Should the entries above reference 192.168.50.1:553? If not, how do these lines work?

The values configured in "Private reverse DNS servers" are using 192.168.50.1 as expected.
They are so your browser don't auto DoH and skip using adguardhome. What is not to understand? We are telling dnsmasq to honor blocking auto doh. If it pleases everyone I will remove them.

How can I let agh take over DHCP on ipv4 and IPv6? I think that would be best way to control IPv6 on device base.

Yeah but IPv6 is letting ads pass. Because the IPv6 adress change.
Ipv6 is blocked with universal ::, I haven't seen any ads pass. If you want to use dhcp, you have to disable your router's dhcp, once that is done you must turn on adguardhomes. It is a very sticky process that could really muck things up. (Probably break aimesh too.)

They are so your browser don't auto DoH and skip using adguardhome. What is not to understand? We are telling dnsmasq to honor blocking auto doh. If it pleases everyone I will remove them.
I'm just not understanding why the entries are for 192.168.1.1:553, instead of for 192.168.50.1:553. If this is the way it's supposed to work, it's fine. I wasn't asking for you to remove them.

Yea i just wasn't understanding you had a different local ip. I failed to take that into account on one of my late night hotfixes.
No problem. 192.168.50.1 is the default for the RT-AX86U, and I think for the earlier RT-AC86U as well, so I imagine others have this situation, too. I'm not aware that it caused any issues in my LAN.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!