What's new

AdGuardHome [RELEASE] Asuswrt-Merlin-AdGuardHome-Installer (AMAGHI)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

In Edge and FireFox there is no secondary DNS being used. Digging into Windows Internet setup and utilities I may have d/led in the past Quad9 shows up nowhere. Any idea where I can find it?
Looks like the AGH installer defaults to Quad9 and Google.

Thanks I ended up not messing around and changing it until I'm confident with why I should change it in the first place lol.
You need to change the S61 to S99.

That post is old, the file is no longer S61, but S99. This is reflected in the first post.

But why do I get
Error: control/dns_config | validating private upstream servers: no default upstreams specified | 400
when adding the cloudfare 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 to the Upstream DNS servers?

All Adguard settings are at default after installing through amtm. I uninstalled Diversion and Pixelserv prior to installation as the first page said
AdGuardHome is meant to be your only DNS ad-blocking solution, support will not be provided for missconfigurations involving more than one DNS ad-blocking solution.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 175
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 170
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 166
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 175
What/where is option one. In ipconfig /all it does show a default gateway and DNS server at 192.168.1.1

I appreciate everyone's time helping me. It is so close now....
Glad it is helped let us know what else you try and if you ever track the issue down. You should run option 1 on the installer and see if it resolves your issue.

Last edited:
Thanks I ended up not messing around and changing it until I'm confident with why I should change it in the first place lol.

But why do I get

All Adguard settings are at default after installing through amtm. I uninstalled Diversion and Pixelserv prior to installation as the first page said
I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling because some of your settings look older than the new default ones.plus there have been so many changes. Then let me know what happens.

But why do I get

Also, cloudlfare has been notorious for its servers going down periodically.

But why do I get

Why are your dns settings 192.168.1.2 in AGH? Leftovers from Diversion?

Last edited:
I think I have made some headway, If I run DNS Leak from Edge I get 74.125 no hostname and ISP Google. Going to DNS Leak from Firefox I get 74.63, hostnames resXXX.lga.rrdns.pch.net. and ISP WoodyNet. So does it appear each browser is running a DNS server? I'm digging away at settings to see what I can come up with.

I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling because some of your settings look older than the new default ones.plus there have been so many changes. Then let me know what happens.
Why are your dns settings 192.168.1.2 in AGH? Leftovers from Diversion?

Will uninstall, reboot then re-install and report back.
192.168.1.2 is my routers IP. 192.168.1.1 is my modems which is in Bridge mode.
Edit - Still the same as before for both Release or Edge versions.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
It is a misconfiguration between your bridge modem, and your router. A break somewhere that is probably creating a double nat behavior or dns miscommunication condition.

I think I have made some headway, If I run DNS Leak from Edge I get 74.125 no hostname and ISP Google. Going to DNS Leak from Firefox I get 74.63, hostnames resXXX.lga.rrdns.pch.net. and ISP WoodyNet. So does it appear each browser is running a DNS server? I'm digging away at settings to see what I can come up with.

Do you use quad9 DNS? Based on below thread, WoodyNet is quad9.

It is a misconfiguration between your bridge modem, and your router. A break somewhere that is probably creating a double nat behavior or dns miscommunication condition.
Since that is out of scope of this thread, I'll try and figure it out and come back. Thanks for your helping with Adguard.

Glad it is helped let us know what else you try and if you ever track the issue down. You should run option 1 on the installer and see if it resolves your issue.
Well.....in my zeal to see if it was a Windows issue I messed up the network on that PC. It blowed up real good (sort of dates me). I have to re-install WIndows on that box, I do good work. I am using a spare router, that's the concern I had. My wife often works from home and I could not chance messing that up. I'll be back shortly. It's always fun.

You are welcome to PM me about this issue, break it down into three parts, what the dns settings for your modem looks like dhcp and dns, what the dns settings for your router looks like dhcp and dns, and obviously reshare your upstream adguard home settings. I know it is alot to ask but maybe when I get a little more time to investigate I can give you better answers.

Quick question. What is the start-monitor option? Cannot see where it is used but it seems to be a keep alive check.

if we are worried about crashes should we be using this feature somehow?

great job on this script. Very well done. It has evolved well.

Quick question. What is the start-monitor option? Cannot see where it is used but it seems to be a keep alive check.

if we are worried about crashes should we be using this feature somehow?

great job on this script. Very well done. It has evolved well.
It is getting used. There is alot of script language behind the scenes. You should run a fresh install.

After the script starts, run

Code:
pidof S99AdGuardHome

it will return a number. This is the monitor running in the background acting as the handler of AdGuardHome.

While AdGuardHome has proved to be susceptible to self termination upon bad judgement of system calls, the Handler is not weak to these same system calls, it will stay active to make sure AdGuardHome will restart if ever necessary.

Many Thanks to @Jack Yaz for all his suggestions, help, and collaboration along the way. And suggestion contributions made by @juched @gspannu @chongnt @unknownz . and troubleshooting support offered by @dave14305 who often recommends different angles not yet investigated. And most of all @thelonelycoder for his role in AMTM - which brings together a community of script writers to better empower asuswrt-merlin users.

Last edited: