What's new

AdGuardHome [RELEASE] Asuswrt-Merlin-AdGuardHome-Installer (AMAGHI)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

great, As soon ad the family heads off to bed I can get the network to work with. I'll let you know.

thanks alot
To troubleshoot your adblock issue, There have been several instances where users reported not blocking.

Here are some of the reasons:
  • Browser (-i.e. chrome, or firefox) is using its built in DNS functions to redirect DNS traffic to their own private servers. #This would cause the user to not be using AGH. ( use dnsleaktest.com to test).
  • Blocklist is too weak
  • Allowlist is too nice
  • DNSFilter Global on the router is not pointed to "ROUTER" or client is being forced to a different server.

I just patched the installer, You are welcome to give it a go. TZdata should be up and going. Now we will control the TZdata. Relatively easy to compile.
Perfect, the TZ selection during install works. I had hoped that would solve my ad blocking problem, no luck. I added EasyList ad blocking file with the same results, no ads are blocked.

To troubleshoot your adblock issue, There have been several instances where users reported not blocking.

Here are some of the reasons:
  • Browser (-i.e. chrome, or firefox) is using its built in DNS functions to redirect DNS traffic to their own private servers. #This would cause the user to not be using AGH. ( use dnsleaktest.com to test).
  • Blocklist is too weak
  • Allowlist is too nice
  • DNSFilter Global on the router is not pointed to "ROUTER" or client is being forced to a different server.
Good call on the browser issue. DNSLeak reports my DNS server are all 74.125.xxx.xxx. Shouldn't the DNS servers be 192.168 something?

open up that port over tcp on the firewall.

Code:
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -d $(nvram get wan_ipaddr)/32 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 14711 -j DNAT --to-destination $(nvram get lan_ipaddr):14711
iptables -I INPUT -d $(nvram get lan_ipaddr)/32 -p tcp -m conntrack --ctstate DNAT -m tcp --dport 14711 -j ACCEPT
@SomeWhereOverTheRainBow
Thanks for your suggestion.

I plan to use the https port 433 for this and have applied the (Lets Encrypt) encryption settings in AGH.

Q1: How do I make this persistent to survive after a reboot? Do I put these commands in firewall-start ?
Q2: Wouldn't the wan_ipaddr change (as my ISP provides me a dynamic assigned IP)? Would the access work after my WAN IP has changed?

Code:
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -d $(nvram get wan_ipaddr)/32 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 443 -j DNAT --to-destination $(nvram get lan_ipaddr):443
iptables -I INPUT -d $(nvram get lan_ipaddr)/32 -p tcp -m conntrack --ctstate DNAT -m tcp --dport 443 -j ACCEPT

Last edited:
Edit /opt/etc/AdGuardHome/AdGuardHome.yaml change that number to the port you want.
Then run the command,
/opt/etc/init.d/61AdGuardHome restart
Hi
I can change the port to 53 and save but there is no restart file. My home page port defaults at 14711
Also is there a video guide I can follow to set this up as I cannot change the DNS servers in Adguard to use 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 that is in my AC87U routers WAN DNS server 1/2 fields.
Thank you

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 63
Try the list mentioned in previous post
At the box for Prevent Client DOH I get this 'warning'
"Your router's DHCP server is configured to provide a DNS server that's different from your router's IP address. This will prevent clients from using the DNS Privacy servers.
DNSFilter is enabled - anything configured there to something other than No Filtering or Router will bypass DNS Privacy servers." I have the prevent DoH to Y.

In LAN the router IP is set to 192.168.1.1

Hi
I can change the port to 53 and save but there is no restart file. My home page port defaults at 14711
Also is there a video guide I can follow to set this up as I cannot change the DNS servers in Adguard to use 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 that is in my AC87U routers WAN DNS server 1/2 fields.
Thank you
You need to change the S61 to S99.

That post is old, the file is no longer S61, but S99. This is reflected in the first post.

At the box for Prevent Client DOH I get this 'warning'
"Your router's DHCP server is configured to provide a DNS server that's different from your router's IP address. This will prevent clients from using the DNS Privacy servers.
DNSFilter is enabled - anything configured there to something other than No Filtering or Router will bypass DNS Privacy servers." I have the prevent DoH to Y.

In LAN the router IP is set to 192.168.1.1
Sounds like you have put a DNS inside your lan dhcp1. And possibly you are trying to use Stubby at the same time. Both of which will circumvent adguardhome. You need to clear your dhcp values and make sure you are not trying to use stubby( the routers DoT).

That would suggest Quad9 is being used

In Edge and FireFox there is no secondary DNS being used. Digging into Windows Internet setup and utilities I may have d/led in the past Quad9 shows up nowhere. Any idea where I can find it?