What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What port does it use, I'll mod the rules in for you.
Great !!
Guild Wars 2 requires unstricted TCP ports 80, 443, and 6112 , the game run on pc/ 10.0.0.151.

Thank you !!

Note: For anyone making custom rules.

Port 80 & 443 should NEVER have a rule, thats just general internet traffic.
The guild wars rule will be 6112

Ok so I connect to a VPN on port 1198. The problem is the the VPN connection is reversing my upload (10.6875 Mb/s) and download (111.055 Mb/s) speeds for QOS. I have tried assigning a container to see if that helps but it didn't and I didn't think it would given the problem. It still uses my upload as my download and my download as my upload. I cannot download faster than 10.6875 Mb/s over the VPN tunnel as a result.

I used the following filters below to check this and it changes traffic appropriately from VOIP to Gaming in QOS Statistics when I change that and restart QOS as expected. Also as expected it still is using my upload speed as the max download speed.

Code:
#DOWNLOAD
${tc} filter add dev br0 protocol all prio 1 u32 match ip sport 1198 0xffff flowid ${VOIP}
then
${tc} filter add dev br0 protocol all prio 1 u32 match ip sport 1198 0xffff flowid ${Gaming}
#UPLOAD
${tc} filter add dev eth0 protocol all prio 1 u32 match ip dport 1198 0xffff flowid ${VOIP}
then
${tc} filter add dev eth0 protocol all prio 1 u32 match ip dport 1198 0xffff flowid ${Gaming}

Is there a way using this script or iptables in general to force VPN traffic to use my download speed for downloads and upload speed for uploads like it does for all other traffic? If so how.

Are you running a vpn server?

Just to be clear with a VPN server traffic flows like this.

(1) You (VPN client) want YouTube
(2)You tell the VPN server I want YouTube
(3)VPN server connects to YouTube and downloads content. This is download bandwidth
(4) VPN server takes downloaded content and forwards it you the VPN client. This is upload bandwidth.

The the server is not flipping bandwidth. It's just physically limited to deliver content at your upload speed. **sometimes it can compress upload content and have content delivery actually be above upload speed, but that is something else.

This is a limitation by adding middle man fetch and forwarding traffic both ways.

Are you running a vpn server?

Just to be clear with a VPN server traffic flows like this.

(1) You (VPN client) want YouTube
(2)You tell the VPN server I want YouTube
(3)VPN server connects to YouTube and downloads content. This is download bandwidth
(4) VPN server takes downloaded content and forwards it you the VPN client. This is upload bandwidth.

The the server is not flipping bandwidth. It's just physically limited to deliver content at your upload speed. **sometimes it can compress upload content and have content delivery actually be above upload speed, but that is something else.

This is a limitation by adding middle man fetch and forwarding traffic both ways.

I am not running a VPN server. I am connecting to PIA via VPN Client tab using OpenVPN.

Note: For anyone making custom rules.

Port 80 & 443 should NEVER have a rule, thats just general internet traffic.
The guild wars rule will be 6112
don't worry I'm doing it for him.

I am but the issue happens with or without it.

I understand what you mean. Let me try to explain it with an example.

as an example; my connection speeds; 50 mbit download 4 mbit upload so I configure QoS accordingly. As long as VPN client is off on router I get 50 mbit down and 4 mbit down.

When I enable VPN client my download and upload speeds becames both 4 mbit.

Then I configure QoS settings as UPLOAD:50 DOWNLOAD:50 now I get 50 mbit download and 4 mbit upload speed.

It's probably caused because of a Asus bug. I'm not sure.

Trying this out, getting this now in logs..

Sep 16 09:30:01 kernel: HTB: quantum of class 10016 is big. Consider r2q change.

Has anyone managed to get Amazon video identified as streaming video? I added my TV's IP address into a rule for outgoing and incoming traffic but amazon video is still being categorised as web traffic, I assume the other traffic classifier is overriding my manual rules?

Is there any way to specify amazon video into the streaming container?

Has anyone managed to get Amazon video identified as streaming video? I added my TV's IP address into a rule for outgoing and incoming traffic but amazon video is still being categorised as web traffic, I assume the other traffic classifier is overriding my manual rules?

Is there any way to specify amazon video into the streaming container?
What rule(s) are you using?

${tc} filter add dev br0 protocol all prio 1 u32 match ip dst 192.168.65.201/32 flowid ${Streaming}
iptables -D POSTROUTING -t mangle -o eth0 -s 192.168.65.201/32 -j MARK --set-mark ${Streaming_mark}
iptables -A POSTROUTING -t mangle -o eth0 -s 192.168.65.201/32 -j MARK --set-mark ${Streaming_mark}

Can anyone say why the script starts twice? Or is this behavior normal, have I perhaps done something wrong?

Code:
Sep 24 10:41:04 87u: Adaptive QOS: Modification Script Started
Sep 24 10:41:13 87u: Adaptive QOS: Modification Script Started
Sep 24 10:41:35 87u: Adaptive QOS: Changing container for Unidentified Traffic & Applying Custom Rules
Sep 24 10:41:35 87u: Adaptive QOS: Changing minimum alloted bandwidth per QOS category to user defined percentages
Sep 24 10:41:45 87u: Adaptive QOS: No change required for Unidentified Traffic Container or Custom Rules
Sep 24 10:41:45 87u: Adaptive QOS: Changing minimum alloted bandwidth per QOS category to user defined percentages

Status
Not open for further replies.