What's new

Repeated Wi-Fi connection attempts are not fully blocked

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

StR

Regular Contributor
I've been getting these lines filling up system log of RT-AC86U, about 18 times per minute.:
eventd: wlceventd_proc_event(530): wl0.2: Auth FC:67:1F:40:92:C7, status: Successful (0), rssi:0
This is not one of the devices that was given credentials to my network.
When I look at the "Wi-Fi" log, it shows that it is connecting to one of my "guest" networks (2.4GHz) (with the name "guest" in the SSID)
When I turned of that network, it started connecting to a different guest network (without "guest" in the SSID).
When I switched the channel number, the connection attempts stopped for a while, but then restarted.

It doesn't seem to be authenticated, so, I am confused why that log line says "Auth ..., status: Successful"):
1716741757035.png

Also, I added it to the Mac-Filter "reject" list:
1716742007097.png

So, I have two questions:
1. Why does the system log says "Auth status: Successful"?
2. Why does this happen despite the Mac-filter?

(I suspect it might be one of the IoT devices that is trying to do that, maybe even one of ours [I am reluctant to connect the stove, fridge and whatever to the router, as I don't need their connected functionality], - or maybe one of neighbors'.)

I saw your reply to mine. I have not seen my gremlin in about 4 hours now, so maybe...

Did you reject the MAC in, guest network > select guest network where located > very bottom, enable mac filter > reject...

I tried wireless > mac filter > first, no go

Reactions: StR
I saw your reply to mine. I have not seen my gremlin in about 4 hours now, so maybe...

Did you reject the MAC in, guest network > select guest network where located > very bottom, enable mac filter > reject...

I tried wireless > mac filter > first, no go
Thanks a lot!
Indeed, if it is set in each of the guest networks, it works.

I still don't understand why it was saying "Successful" in the logs though...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!