Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Request: mark AC66U_B1 as supported

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Oleg Kostyuk, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Oleg Kostyuk

Oleg Kostyuk New Around Here

According to Can Asus RT-AC66U+ (B1) run Asuswrt-merlin? and according to content of directory on download servers model AC66U_B1 *is* supported by using firmware for AC68U.
    But on About page is stated that "hardware revision B1 is NOT supported", and this is very confusing.
    @Merlin, could you please update About page and change it to something like this: "hardware revision B1 is supported by AC68U firmware".
    Thanks!

2. bbunge

bbunge Senior Member

Hardware version B1 is not the same as Asus RT-AC66U_B1 which is the router model. We knew this would be confusing. The easy identifier for the AC66U_B1 is the front USB. The older AC66U has two back USB connections.

3. RMerlin

RMerlin Part of the Furniture

So much to do, and I'm alone doing it all... I updated the documentation where I remembered it was referred (I think I did the Wiki and the README files), there might still indeed be some places where I haven't had the time yet to update it.

amplatfus likes this.
  4. Oleg Kostyuk

Oleg Kostyuk New Around Here

About page is still not updated. If https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca is on github, I can try to help and create pull req with updates.
    I've created PR against README-merlin.txt.

5. RMerlin

RMerlin Part of the Furniture

Thanks, I will probably take a look at all that this weekend (currently got other things keeping me busy for the rest of the week).