What's new

Request: mark AC66U_B1 as supported

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Oleg Kostyuk

New Around Here
According to Can Asus RT-AC66U+ (B1) run Asuswrt-merlin? and according to content of directory on download servers model AC66U_B1 *is* supported by using firmware for AC68U.
But on About page is stated that "hardware revision B1 is NOT supported", and this is very confusing.
@Merlin, could you please update About page and change it to something like this: "hardware revision B1 is supported by AC68U firmware".
Thanks!

According to Can Asus RT-AC66U+ (B1) run Asuswrt-merlin? and according to content of directory on download servers model AC66U_B1 *is* supported by using firmware for AC68U.
But on About page is stated that "hardware revision B1 is NOT supported", and this is very confusing.
@Merlin, could you please update About page and change it to something like this: "hardware revision B1 is supported by AC68U firmware".
Thanks!
Hardware version B1 is not the same as Asus RT-AC66U_B1 which is the router model. We knew this would be confusing. The easy identifier for the AC66U_B1 is the front USB. The older AC66U has two back USB connections.

Thanks!

So much to do, and I'm alone doing it all... I updated the documentation where I remembered it was referred (I think I did the Wiki and the README files), there might still indeed be some places where I haven't had the time yet to update it.

So much to do, and I'm alone doing it all... I updated the documentation where I remembered it was referred (I think I did the Wiki and the README files), there might still indeed be some places where I haven't had the time yet to update it.
About page is still not updated. If https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca is on github, I can try to help and create pull req with updates.
I've created PR against README-merlin.txt.

About page is still not updated. If https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca is on github, I can try to help and create pull req with updates.
I've created PR against README-merlin.txt.

Thanks, I will probably take a look at all that this weekend (currently got other things keeping me busy for the rest of the week).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!