What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hello John DeLuca,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Product Support.
My name is Harry R. and it's my pleasure to help you with your problem.

Please try the below settings

1. Turn off the router, connect one of the clients (desktop/notebook) directly with wired (Ethernet) connection to the modem, verify if internet connection is working. If yes, proceed with step 2, if no, please contact the ISP for troubleshooting.
2. Disconnect the wired (Ethernet) connection from the client, then connect the modem to the WAN (port) connection of the router.
3. Access the router GUI with the same client that had successfully connected to the internet via wired (Ethernet) connection earlier. (Modem -> WAN port of the router, Client -> one of the LAN ports)
4. Navigate to: Router GUI -> WAN -> Internet Connection -> MAC Address -> Click MAC Clone -> Then Apply.

In terms of the wireless issue, for better compatibility with older wireless adapter/client, may test with 'Smart connect' disabled (Wireless -> General)
Try to connect devices to the 2.4GHz band for testing purpose on devices with connection issue after adjusting the following parameter(s):
1. Change wireless mode to 'Legacy' or 'N only' (Wireless -> General -> Band = 2.4GHz)
2. Change channel bandwidth to '20 MHz' or '40 MHz' (Wireless -> General -> Band = 2.4GHz)
3. Change control channel to 1, 6, or 11 (Wireless -> General -> Band = 2.4GHz)
4. Disable Explicit and Universal beamforming. (Wireless -> Professional -> Band = '2.4GHz' )

Best Regards,

Harry R.
ASUS Product Support

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone getting these kernal errors?

May 28 22:48:55 kernel: Unhandled fault: alignment fault (0x92000061) at 0x00000000f46ff5a3
May 28 23:20:11 kernel: Unhandled fault: alignment fault (0x92000061) at 0x00000000f44ff247
May 28 23:57:54 kernel: Unhandled fault: alignment fault (0x92000061) at 0x00000000f42fed1f
May 29 00:16:27 kernel: Unhandled fault: alignment fault (0x92000061) at 0x00000000f47fece3
May 29 01:10:05 kernel: Unhandled fault: alignment fault (0x92000061) at 0x00000000f41fedd3
May 29 02:08:56 kernel: Unhandled fault: alignment fault (0x92000061) at 0x00000000f42feec3
May 29 02:22:31 kernel: Unhandled fault: alignment fault (0x92000061) at 0x00000000f47fee87
May 29 03:23:00 kernel: Unhandled fault: alignment fault (0x92000061) at 0x00000000f47fefdb

Anyone getting these kernal errors?

May 28 22:48:55 kernel: Unhandled fault: alignment fault (0x92000061) at 0x00000000f46ff5a3
May 28 23:20:11 kernel: Unhandled fault: alignment fault (0x92000061) at 0x00000000f44ff247
May 28 23:57:54 kernel: Unhandled fault: alignment fault (0x92000061) at 0x00000000f42fed1f
May 29 00:16:27 kernel: Unhandled fault: alignment fault (0x92000061) at 0x00000000f47fece3
May 29 01:10:05 kernel: Unhandled fault: alignment fault (0x92000061) at 0x00000000f41fedd3
May 29 02:08:56 kernel: Unhandled fault: alignment fault (0x92000061) at 0x00000000f42feec3
May 29 02:22:31 kernel: Unhandled fault: alignment fault (0x92000061) at 0x00000000f47fee87
May 29 03:23:00 kernel: Unhandled fault: alignment fault (0x92000061) at 0x00000000f47fefdb
I woke up this morning the kernel errors too! I am returning this POS for good. What firmware are you on?

latest one. It's not effecting me however but the dam kernal error's are going on insanely everyday. 11234 Is the firmware im on.

kernel: Unhandled fault: alignment fault (0x92000061)

It's a low level ARMv8 fault - can be due to a 32-bit process doing an unaligned Load/Store into memory if running split mode - Aarch64/Aarch32 - gcc/linaro will allow this, armcc will not (the unaligned memory access). It's pretty common to see ARMv8's running a mix of 32/64 bit code...

The kernel throws the fault, hence the error - as one can see it's not a fatal error, e.g. causing the ARM to hang/freeze - but it's something for someone at Asus to take a look at.

As you can see, it spams the syslog quite a bit...

Hello John DeLuca,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Product Support.
My name is Harry R. and it's my pleasure to help you with your problem.

Please try the below settings

1. Turn off the router, connect one of the clients (desktop/notebook) directly with wired (Ethernet) connection to the modem, verify if internet connection is working. If yes, proceed with step 2, if no, please contact the ISP for troubleshooting.
2. Disconnect the wired (Ethernet) connection from the client, then connect the modem to the WAN (port) connection of the router.
3. Access the router GUI with the same client that had successfully connected to the internet via wired (Ethernet) connection earlier. (Modem -> WAN port of the router, Client -> one of the LAN ports)
4. Navigate to: Router GUI -> WAN -> Internet Connection -> MAC Address -> Click MAC Clone -> Then Apply.

In terms of the wireless issue, for better compatibility with older wireless adapter/client, may test with 'Smart connect' disabled (Wireless -> General)
Try to connect devices to the 2.4GHz band for testing purpose on devices with connection issue after adjusting the following parameter(s):
1. Change wireless mode to 'Legacy' or 'N only' (Wireless -> General -> Band = 2.4GHz)
2. Change channel bandwidth to '20 MHz' or '40 MHz' (Wireless -> General -> Band = 2.4GHz)
3. Change control channel to 1, 6, or 11 (Wireless -> General -> Band = 2.4GHz)
4. Disable Explicit and Universal beamforming. (Wireless -> Professional -> Band = '2.4GHz' )

Best Regards,

Harry R.
ASUS Product Support

Will these settings work with the 5GHz too?

No. The only one that will work is disabling universal beamforming. You can adjust the 5Ghz settings like band and channel but not the legacy or n settings.

However my router seems to be stable if you disable gameboost and QOS

I have enabled everything and haven't lost connection yet. Name an option and I'm sure it on. My second unit has been very stable. I am still not thrilled with the unit but pros very cons of this second unit to the R9000 I think I'll keep the Asus. The web interface just makes life too easy.

So I bought both the rapture and X10 and am debating which to keep. They both perform similar, and the Asus seems to have a bit of an edge over the X10 in nvidia gamestream. My rapture is pretty stable apart from the following issues:

With a brand new 4tb drive attached to the USB port, memory use jumps to 97% and stays there all the time. Even when I'm not actively accessing the drive. I'm also getting speeds that max out at 20mbps! The x10 USB is much faster but some of the drive folders don't show up on my tv.

When connecting to my asus n66u in repeater mode, the 5ghz band connects at 1300mbps, while the dedicated gaming band connects at only 288mbps?

I have enabled everything and haven't lost connection yet. Name an option and I'm sure it on. My second unit has been very stable. I am still not thrilled with the unit but pros very cons of this second unit to the R9000 I think I'll keep the Asus. The web interface just makes life too easy.

Disabling the Gameboost & QOS is the only thing that can stop the constant disconnects that worked for me with all the previous ROG Raptures I've been through too until the 5Ghz 1st radio dies after about a few days, or more. It's always the same exact problems I've been dealing with ever since I got this router. Now on number 15 (Check #3760). I hope Asus is working fast on a firmware that can address most of the important issues soon. I want to use my Gameboost & QOS. I wonder if Asus is going to release a public Beta firmware first.

So I bought both the rapture and X10 and am debating which to keep. They both perform similar, and the Asus seems to have a bit of an edge over the X10 in nvidia gamestream. My rapture is pretty stable apart from the following issues:

With a brand new 4tb drive attached to the USB port, memory use jumps to 97% and stays there all the time. Even when I'm not actively accessing the drive. I'm also getting speeds that max out at 20mbps! The x10 USB is much faster but some of the drive folders don't show up on my tv.

When connecting to my asus n66u in repeater mode, the 5ghz band connects at 1300mbps, while the dedicated gaming band connects at only 288mbps?

I'm in the same boat I even wondered if the X8 could be better because of 1024QUAM and it having higher advertised throughput on the 2.4 and 5ghz bands. My coworker at staples said that the X10 is supreme overkill... but I love it lol

Disabling the Gameboost & QOS is the only thing that can stop the constant disconnects that worked for me with all the previous ROG Raptures I've been through too until the 5Ghz 1st radio dies after about a few days, or more. It's always the same exact problems I've been dealing with ever since I got this router. Now on number 15 (Check #3760). I hope Asus is working fast on a firmware that can address most of the important issues soon. I want to use my Gameboost & QOS. I wonder if Asus is going to release a public Beta firmware first.

I contacted Asus in waiting for them to update me in the beta, but they said they would roll it out to everyone. I suggest you all call Asus and complain to they have some fire under there asses to do something.

I'm in the same boat I even wondered if the X8 could be better because of 1024QUAM and it having higher advertised throughput on the 2.4 and 5ghz bands. My coworker at staples said that the X10 is supreme overkill... but I love it lol

What turned me off about the X10 was the lack of WOL. I use it a lot for my Nvidia SHIELD TV, and I'd rather not set it up manually.

I called Asus and told them about the USB issue (I already resolved the low bandwidth on ASUS_5G_Gaming SSID). They claim they'll get back to me within 24 hours and provide updated firmware. He agreed with me that it's probably firmware rather than hardware. Holding my breath while waiting. :) My 46xx hardware build has been very stable other than that.

I did a little more investigating and here's what I found. My 4TB WD, when plugged in, immediately causes the memory gauge to creep up until it hits 97-98%. Then it stays there, even when not initialized in the router. My 1TB Western Digital doesn't fill up the RAM buffer unless it's being used, then it drops down to about 44%. It does a little better at around 40meg/sec.

I'm really curious whether these devices have any kind of active cooling, since the X10 is specced a bit lower and does have a fan and heatsink (although I've yet to have it come on). I know the original specification for the AC-5300 included a fan but that was changed before it went into production.

I have similar issue with mine; plugged in 8TB external drive, memory use goes almost to max, and I only see 15MB/s transfer to that drive from a GBE source.

Link aggregation still not working either.

I contacted Asus in waiting for them to update me in the beta, but they said they would roll it out to everyone. I suggest you all call Asus and complain to they have some fire under there asses to do something.

I already sent them a few angry emails, and this is the only response I got.
Thank you for your response and patience. My name is Gerald N. I hope you are having a wonderful day. I'm sorry we were not able to resolve your problem about loop disconnecting on the previous email, however I'm happy in providing the information about your issue and I'm glad that I'm going to assist you. We still enhancing our system and software so we are able to give the needs of our beloved customer. I'll reach you if there's an update on drivers that will help you and also keep looking on our website https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/ROG-Rapture-GT-AC5300/HelpDesk_Download/ time to time to be updated. Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your feedback.

We do value your business, thank you for being a part of the ASUS family.

If you have other concern please don't hesitate to contact us again.

And this one.
Thank you for your response and patience, my name is Gerald N. I hope you are having a wonderful day and I'm sorry we were not able to resolve your problem about firmware bug on the previous email. I'm sorry but there's no estimated time at this moment, but when if there's an update don't worry we will reach you as soon as we can. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.

We do value your business, thank you for being a part of the ASUS family. If you have other concern please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!