What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Its finally for sale. I got mine yesterday. Another awesome Asus router. Let me know if you have any questions.

Bestbuy has it in stock. I picked it up locally.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-wi...nd-wi-fi-router-black/5775807.p?skuId=5775807

Specs Page

https://wikidevi.com/wiki/ASUS_GT-AC5300

Asus Website

https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/ROG-Rapture-GT-AC5300/

Firmware Links.

https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/ROG-Rapture-GT-AC5300/HelpDesk_Download/

Asus-ROG-Rapture-GT-AC5300.jpg
Are you still happy with your GT 5300? I have the RT-AC5300 and one of the 5gh radios stopped working. It's been Buggy as hell as well. Took me forever to figure out how to get it all configured. Now ASUS wants me to return it to repair the 5gh band. I hate the thoughts of buying another 400 ASUS product only to spend hours getting it to work as advertised. I am not a gamer but have about 45 wifi devices in the home and need lots of connectivity power. Please advise. Thank you

Now ASUS wants me to return it to repair the 5gh band. Please advise. Thank you
My advise for the Ac5300: Return it for repair or replacement as asked by Asus! :eek:

And the advise for live: Never buy early top age technical devices if you expect to have no issues with them! :rolleyes:

I always bought Netgear until an IT geek friend recommended ASUS. When I told him of the issue he commented that ASUS has had a history of devices overheating and burning out so I wondered why it was his recommendation.

Are you still happy with your GT 5300? I have the RT-AC5300 and one of the 5gh radios stopped working. It's been Buggy as hell as well. Took me forever to figure out how to get it all configured. Now ASUS wants me to return it to repair the 5gh band. I hate the thoughts of buying another 400 ASUS product only to spend hours getting it to work as advertised. I am not a gamer but have about 45 wifi devices in the home and need lots of connectivity power. Please advise. Thank you
No... this is an extremely bad release by Asus. Don't waste your money.

The RT Ac5300 was also a bad release..... Surprised that the price has not dropped on it.

I'm shipping the RT-AC5300 back as soon as I get the shipping label. Connected an ac3200 in its place but of course, all the port forwarding/triggering is lost.... :( That's the biggest issue changing routers.

I always bought Netgear until an IT geek friend recommended ASUS.

Interesting - most small biz consultants that I've worked with - Netgear's ProSafe line is one of the more common choices, mostly due to the long warranty on many of their boxes, and relatively stable code.

The market lifecycle on small biz IT gears tends to be much longer than it is in the consumer space...

I've emailed with Asus higher up and told them what's going on and send them links I hope you all will do the same. It we all bitch and complain they will eventually have to do something.

My issue is with the sporadic reboots caused by what I think are page faults. The fact is that there is no per IP bandwidth monitoring, so I can see the data usage on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. I could take a $150 router, flash it with Tomato and make it do much more than this GT5300 can do. Hopefully they will add some of these functions to the GUI and iron out the numerous bugs. I have been using the feedback tab on the router regularly and hopefully they will pay attention to the issues raised!

So apparently my router without my permission decided to update it self to the latest broken firmware after I had downgraded it to the previous version. No wonder I was having such an insane time with everything and getting really long page loading and shirt internet speeds...... with QOS enabled.

WTF Is going on with this hidden auto update????? I had gone to the latest 12184 and found it to be broken then downgraded to 11243 only to find out the past 2 days issues I've been having are from a secret update on 6-24 to the 12184????

The GT-AC5300 will regularly check for new firmware availability, and will automatically update itself to any new release.

There doesn't seem to be a way for users to disable this.

So is the RT-AC5300 a bust or what? I have one as well but not good enough to notice any issues. After reading all the negative complaints here, I'm wondering if I should look into the product further or just "not broke don't fix". Thanks

So is the RT-AC5300 a bust or what?

The RT-AC5300 and the GT-AC5300 are two completely different products. This thread is about the GT-AC5300 specifically.

Sorry, like I said "noob" here. I did check all my spelling before posting next time will also pay attention to thread topic! B- Thanks.

I wouldn’t upgrade unless your router is broken. Everything is too expensive and the features aren’t that useful to most. The synology rt2600ac is my recommendation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t upgrade unless your router is broken. Everything is too expensive and the features aren’t that useful to most. The synology rt2600ac is my recommendation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh hell yeah, I'm loving my Synology RT2600AC, and my Netgear Nighthawk S8000 8-port Gaming Switch . I have not looked back at the Asus ROG Rapture ever since. In Battlefield 1 with the ROG Rapture my ping was between 38-41, but with the Synology RT2600AC my ping is now 17-20.

Does anyone have an issue with Firefox, where the GUI will not load completely when logging into the router and is only solved by clearing Firefox's cache?

Regards
Mark

Does anyone have an issue with Firefox, where the GUI will not load completely when logging into the router and is only solved by clearing Firefox's cache?

Regards
Mark

I'm having the same problem with both Chrome and Edge lately. It seems like the browser redirect to Asus.com is the culprit and the redirect is getting cached. A quick clear of all history solves the problem for me. But it is annoying.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!