What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mine wouldnt connect for some reason. (no problems otherwise with connectivity other than the crappy mesh performace that's ongoing.) I did download the FW file and update manually. wow what a big code for FW! 77mb

So far, it's running. tomorrow I'll turn the mesh node back on, update it and we'll see. Release notes don't mention anything about stability improvements. (also been having an issue where ATT swears they are not blocking incoming port 8096 and they blame Asus. and of course, Asus says its likely ATT. Unfortunately I'm less than impressed with this router :( )

Posted this on ROG Forums:

I am also now experiencing a multitude issues with the new firmware, including all that you have listed above.
This is after many factory resets and manual input of settings.
Add to this the fact that now my 2nd 5G channel has now gone missing!
These new firmware's seem to fix some issues, while introducing a multitude of new issues.
Reverted back to 21140 and my 2nd 5G channel still missing!
This router now ranks in my top 2 worst purchases I have ever made!!
I am so pissed off with Asus at the moment - wish I could get my money back on this wasted purchase.
Sick of being a beta tester for Asus - my old RT-N66U outperforms this so called "Premium Router"
#PissedOff!!!!

Posted this on ROG Forums:

I am also now experiencing a multitude issues with the new firmware, including all that you have listed above.
These new firmware's seem to fix some issues, while introducing a multitude of new issues.
This router now ranks in my top 2 worst purchases I have ever made!!
I am so pissed off with Asus at the moment - wish I could get my money back on this wasted purchase.
Sick of being a beta tester for Asus - my old RT-N66U outperforms this so called "Premium Router"
#PissedOff!!!!

Could you send feedback with system log, wifi log by Administration->Feedback function?

Could you send feedback with system log, wifi log by Administration->Feedback function?
Reverted to 21140 so its pointless to send report.
It was so difficult trying to set up 32738 - Slow GUI, had to constantly power off the router after a system induced reboot, after setting up initially, as the system would just hang and I had no access to the GUI. The GUI actually prompted me to do a manual reset.
I still believe that the slow GUI is caused by improper link negotiation or an issue with the driver.

Reverted to 21140 so its pointless to send report.
It was so difficult trying to set up 32738 - Slow GUI, had to constantly power off the router after a system induced reboot, after setting up initially, as the system would just hang and I had no access to the GUI. The GUI actually prompted me to do a manual reset.
I still believe that the slow GUI is caused by improper link negotiation or an issue with the driver.

The issue happened in 32738 only, correct? Have you made any change after the GT-AC5300 upgrade the FW from 21140 to 32738?

The issue happened in 32738 only, correct? Have you made any change after the GT-AC5300 upgrade the FW from 21140 to 32738?
That is correct.
I reset the router/Initialize and manually put my settings in the router as per previous firmware - so no changes made to settings.

That is correct.
I reset the router/Initialize and manually put my settings in the router as per previous firmware - so no changes made to settings.

Could you send feedback with system log, wifi log and configuration by Administration->Feedback in 21140 ?

This router is only needed for special clubs and companies. I saw a similar router in the virtual reality club in Melbourne - https://virivr.com.au/. In this club, there are a lot of different equipment (game consoles, virtual reality helmets, etc.) that are connected to the Internet. To transfer data for multiple devices in different rooms, this is an excellent router. But using it at home is not effective. This overpayment of money. Special increase in the speed in online games, you will not see.

Anyone else having trouble downloading the firmware from router and site?
Yesterday it was complaining it cannot find it. Took me a couple of seconds to download it and extract it. And do the upgrade...but that took slightly longer.
I don't really care, most likely Asus forgot to upload it everywhere it's needed for the online upgrade to happen.

Anyone else having issues with the game private network. When i turn it on and configure and game and device it disconnects the wan port.

This router is only needed for special clubs and companies. I saw a similar router in the virtual reality club in Melbourne - https://virivr.com.au/. In this club, there are a lot of different equipment (game consoles, virtual reality helmets, etc.) that are connected to the Internet. To transfer data for multiple devices in different rooms, this is an excellent router. But using it at home is not effective. This overpayment of money. Special increase in the speed in online games, you will not see.

the biggest problem I see is that this router has more memory and cores than ANYTHING else they offer. I bought it bc of the increased HW capabilities. Not b/c of all the game fluff.

the biggest problem I see is that this router has more memory and cores than ANYTHING else they offer. I bought it bc of the increased HW capabilities. Not b/c of all the game fluff.
Likewise, but the game fluff is a perk!

Yesterday it was complaining it cannot find it. Took me a couple of seconds to download it and extract it. And do the upgrade...but that took slightly longer.
I don't really care, most likely Asus forgot to upload it everywhere it's needed for the online upgrade to happen.

Asus servers are clustered, it takes time for new files to propagate (in general it seems to take 24-48 hours).

Anyone else having trouble downloading the firmware from router and site?

I just downloaded and installed (from the web GUI) today without any issues. It seems there are always download problems in the first 24-48 hours of a new firmware with the install process for some people.

Mark,
What do you mean by your 2nd 5G channel has now gone missing?

Does that mean you don't see the 5GHz-2 drop down in the Band field of the Wireless>General setting?

Are you using AImesh?

Are you using Smart Connect?

Are you using any of the Airtime Fairness, MIMO, or Beamforming options from the Wireless>Professional settings (for any of the 3 bands of the WiFi)?

Mark,
What do you mean by your 2nd 5G channel has now gone missing?

Does that mean you don't see the 5GHz-2 drop down in the Band field of the Wireless>General setting?

Are you using AImesh?

Are you using Smart Connect?

Are you using any of the Airtime Fairness, MIMO, or Beamforming options from the Wireless>Professional settings (for any of the 3 bands of the WiFi)?
5GHz-2 was not broadcasting even though it was showing on in the network map.
Started broadcasting after numerous router resets.
No Idea why it behaved like this.

32738 was a bad idea for me. Not long after flashing and power cycling, it crashed. 21140 had been stable.

I also didn't appear to have 5GH-2 anymore (first time) since no devices connected to it (I have all three channels in SmartConnect). Flashing back to 21140 and my devices appeared on both 5GHz channels.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!