What's new

Router Rebooting on its own

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

turnerm

Occasional Visitor
So this is the second night in a row that this has happened. We will just suddenly loose signal and then it comes back 30-60 seconds later. When I go look in the log, everything prior to the event has a date of 12/31?

Here's the log of the even right as it happened (I blocked out the beginnings of my IP address - that's what the XXX represent. Any insights??

Dec 31 19:00:13 notify_rc : start_ntpc
Dec 31 19:00:13 dhcp client: bound XXX.XXX.222.86 via XXX.XXX.222.81
May 21 20:25:02 notify_rc : restart_upnp
May 21 20:25:02 miniupnpd[592]: received signal 15, good-bye
May 21 20:25:02 syslog: SNet version started
May 21 20:25:02 miniupnpd[599]: HTTP listening on port 43931
May 21 20:25:02 miniupnpd[599]: Listening for NAT-PMP traffic on port 5351

Figured it out. Enabling Network (samba) Place support in your VPN settings floods the router with error messages. This is a known issue and one that was thought to be harmless but its not.

When streaming media over your network it appears to overwhelm the router and it will reboot eventually.

I also noticed when enabling this that the very first log entry indicated it couldn't find a config file and it was decreasing the maximum allowed units down to 10 from 100. I have 23 devices on my network which could also make this a unique issue for me.

I repeated this issue 5 times. And also proved (5 times) that the router would remain stable while streaming as long as this option (Network Place Support) was disabled.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!