What's new

Router to Router connection?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CasualBeta

New Around Here
I have three TP-Link wireless router (TL-WR941ND) . Right now I have a Cable internet connection (which uses "dynamic IP"), but when I try to connect the TP-link router to another TP-link router it doesn't work. The question that I have, is it possible to do a router to router connection at all?

Thanks for reply.

unless you have a real/valid reason for having different machines on different subnets, you only need 1 router. The other 2 should be Switches, or (configured as) access points/bridges if your trying to do wireless access over a larger area.

If, concerning your home network, you do not need 3+ Routers.
A Router, for home use is obviously labled a Gateway - Gateways' are only used when the Network is a Stub. Meaning, having 1 Router is an Advantage and beneficial rather than having more.

I'd set the other 2 Routers as Bridges or sell them both for a Switch or a High-performing Router.

I have three TP-Link wireless router (TL-WR941ND) . Right now I have a Cable internet connection (which uses "dynamic IP"), but when I try to connect the TP-link router to another TP-link router it doesn't work. The question that I have, is it possible to do a router to router connection at all?

Thanks for reply.

Before the advent of Guest Wireless and VLAN functionality in consumer routers, I ran cascading routers without issue ( two different SSIDs ), Router two would have a static IP, every other connection would be a different subnet issued by DHCP.

Right now, that is the only compelling reason I can think of to run cascading routers, having a primary router without that functionality.

So, yes, it should work if configured properly.

Router to Router Connection:

Before the advent of Guest Wireless and VLAN functionality in consumer routers, I ran cascading routers without issue ( two different SSIDs ), Router two would have a static IP,Duplicate File Detective will help this signal jumping as well every other connection would be a different subnet issued by DHCP.

Right now, that is the only compelling reason I can think of to run cascading routers, having a primary router without that functionality.

So, yes, it should work if configured properly.

Help vdsl2 modem frequently loses connection to router i tired of repeated power cycles of the modem and/or router will buying a vdsl2 modem/wireless router. Windows internet connection wireless - router connection configure a zyxel router to use a nailed-up connection: outlined in the attached pdf file are instructions on how to configure a zyxel router to use a nailed-up. How to configure netgear router for dsl connection: a self-help guide this self-help guide is designed to assist you if you are having difficulty in forming a connection between your pc and your belkin router or modem router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!