What's new

RP-AX58 not picking up 5Mhz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Brad H

Occasional Visitor
I have two RP-AX58, one is an bridge for a security system and the other is an extender that I'm using to lock some devices onto one point (Give devices that access point so they can't jump around as they may in AiMesh). Both are working but when I set them up, both only see anything on 2.4. 5Mhz doesn't show any available choices with the extender sitting four feet from the router. I reset the router back to defaults (AX89X) but didn't help. The router has maybe 15 devices connected up to the 5mhz band so it isn't as simple as the router is not working right. Also, I have an RP-AX56 as another bridge and it does see the 5Mhz connections.

Honestly, both 58's are being used to connect low bandwidth devices so using 2.4M is fine, maybe even preferable. I am more curious than anything else. Sidenote, both 58's can broadcast a 5mhz signal and I added one to AiMesh as a test and it connected to 5Mhz. It feels like a router configuration issue or a firmware bug in the 58's.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!