What's new

RT AC-88U temperature

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rcozzi

Occasional Visitor
I have this router above, one week old running 380.67 Merlin firmware. I have CPU temperature consistently 180-182 F. Incredibly, is this normal?

Last edited:
My 3100 same hardware runs CPU about 71-75 C depending on air temp around it. But yeah no worries.. Mine stays a little cooler from having 2.4 GHz disabled.

Normal maybe but I am sure it will affect life.....lots of info out there on using usb fans to cool router. My RT-AC68U does not go above 54C (even on the hottest days) with two small usb fans velcroed to back of router.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2017-08-08 08-46-53.png
    Screenshot from 2017-08-08 08-46-53.png
    150.4 KB · Views: 606
Normal maybe but I am sure it will affect life.....lots of info out there on using usb fans to cool router. My RT-AC68U does not go above 54C (even on the hottest days) with two small usb fans velcroed to back of router.

If he is going to add additional cooling a laptop pad would be ideal as the 88U model sits horizontal instead of vertical like the 68U.

Fans are not needed. Bottom line its normal and it's ok. I have had many routers and none of them have failed over heat. In fact none of them really failed at all i just upgraded. :D