What's new

RT-AC1900P 3.0.0.4.380_3831 firmware issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dieter

1. Clicking on Network Map > View List, does not display any wireless clients, only wired clients.
2. When displaying Client Status and clicking on certain wireless client, I do not get the screen which allows for changing Client Name, MAC / IP binding, etc.

Asus support recommended going with the previous release FW, with telling me if the same issue exist in that FW.

Anyone else having these problems?

Did you do a full reset after flashing the new firmware followed by a minimal and manual configuration of the router to secure it and connect to your ISP?

No. I went from the stock Asus FW to an Asus upgrade FW. Thought reset was not required. Only when flashing Merlin...

I hear you, but dont like what I'm hearing. I followed the Asus FW updating instructions. I will try to reset, and load my saved config from the old FW. Thanks.

I hear you, but dont like what I'm hearing. I followed the Asus FW updating instructions. I will try to reset, and load my saved config from the old FW. Thanks.

Save yourself the trouble then. If you use a saved backup config file, you may as well not do the reset to factory defaults in the first place.

You can try using john9527's NVRAM Save/Restore utility instead. It will properly apply your customizations on 'fresh' firmware without messing it up.

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/user-nvram-save-restore-utility-r24.19521/

Thanks L&LD, I'll give it a try.
I'd still love to hear from a RT-AC1900P owner. I'm thinking that the same bug also exists in previous versions.

I had an issue with my RT-ac68p not showing clients at all in the client list. It was a strange and annoying problem. It would happen randomly but frequently with the previous beta firmware. Since I upgraded to the 380_3831 I haven't seen this problem. I would also recommend keeping the 3831 firmware but I would recommend doing this manual hard reset of the 1900p...

...Press and hold the reset button that is on the back of the router with a pen tip for at least ten seconds while it's turned on. Then wait and redo your manual setup of the router. Don't apply an old settings backup... manually set it up. After everything is working and you confirm your internet connection works fine then power cycle the router once... just turn it off for ten seconds and on again.

I've read about many different methods of resetting and restoring settings for Asus routers. Some reportedly work fine and other times users have strange issues. During the years of maintaining no less than twelve Asus routers for home and business using this simple manual hard reset and manual settings setup has always worked for me. I have probably done this more than fifty times and I've never had any problems using this method.

Last edited:
I had an issue with my RT-ac68p not showing clients at all in the client list. It was a strange and annoying problem. It would happen randomly but frequently with the previous beta firmware. Since I upgraded to the 380_3831 I haven't seen this problem. I would also recommend keeping the 3831 firmware but I would recommend doing this manual hard reset of the 1900p...

...Press and hold the reset button that is on the back of the router with a pen tip for at least ten seconds while it's turned on. Then wait and redo your manual setup of the router. Don't apply an old settings backup... manually set it up. After everything is working and you confirm your internet connection works fine then power cycle the router once... just turn it off for ten seconds and on again.

Thanks very much! It worked and my AC1900P is now working fine.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!