What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22525 (16-02-2023)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

d5aqoep

Regular Contributor
Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_22525
- Release Notes -

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
1. Fixed CVE-2022-46871
2. Fixed Client DOM Stored XSS.
3. Improved AiMesh backhaul stability.
4. Fixed AiMesh topology UI bugs.
5. Fixed the reboot issue when assigning specific clients in VPN fusion.
6. Fixed the VPN fusion bug when importing the Surfshark WireGuard conf file.
7. Fixed network map bugs.
8. Fixed WAN link aggregation related bugs.

Download Link

Hot take after using this firmware for 15 mins
  • Clients now connect to Mesh Nodes and firmware appears to be more responsive than previous one.
  • Wow wow wow !!! They have finally fixed Network Map issue and all my connected clients (Wired and Wifi) are now appearing in the list. This one is huge !
Must upgrade firmware guys !!

Last edited:
Hi,

It appears to be a better firmware for my AiMesh environment :) with both AiMesh Router and Nodes on the same version after a while for stock firmware.
  • AiMesh Router: AX88U 3.0.0.4.388_22525-gd35b8fe + 2 x AiMesh Nodes: AX86S 3.0.0.4.388_22525-gd35b8fe
  • Backhaul (Priority:"Auto", Type:"Wired"), Asus GX-U1051 5-Port Gigabit Switch from Router to Nodes, ISP: 1 Gbps Fibre
PS: I use firmware defaulted NVRAM values. So far seems OK. I did dirty flash run for 20 mins ... followed by Factory Reset (Router & Nodes) and reconfigured, running fine for about an hour now (Update: about 20 hours now). I will report back if I have surprises.

Last edited:
So far so good and none of my wireless clients have been dropped or experienced a loss of connection speed.

Firmware flashable from the PRO version too, or different ?
Since I didnt seen it here (ASUSWRT - Official) :rolleyes:

ASUS RT-AX88U Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22250

Version 3.0.0.4.388.22250 61.52 MB
2023/01/04
Initial firmware release

Still getting the same issue, the AiMesh not working correctly, even when the router connect no clients can connect to it.

1676847092450.png

One very minor issue - I have AX88U as router and AX92U as AiMesh nodes. I use Ethernet Backhaul before and after upgrade. If I don't switch "Ethernet Backhaul Mode" ON in 388, Android phone wifi client connect AiMesh node as AC. If I switch "Ethernet Backhaul Mode" ON, Android phone wifi client connect AiMesh node as AX wifi 6. WiFi Agile Multiband is ON. It may be just the initial issue between nodes roaming.

Still getting the same issue, the AiMesh not working correctly, even when the router connect no clients can connect to it.
You need to wait for GT-AXE16000 firmware which fixes this issue. Updating nodes to "issue-fixed" firmware won't help.

This firmware is not available at Asus.

This firmware is not available at Asus.

Look under different tabs. I found it under windows 10 32 bit. It's there just takes time to migrate to all tabs for what ever reason.

Look under different tabs. I found it under windows 10 32 bit. It's there just takes time to migrate to all tabs for what ever reason.
Classical Asus Sw!ss Cheese!

My ax210 stopped connecting to my mesh, (ax88u + ac68u) out of the blue, had to change it to AC for it to connect at all (no other device affected), reboots, etc, nothing worked, this happened 3 days ago. I saw this thread, downloaded the firmware updated and it's now fully working again on AX.

The timing is absolutely astounding, I had zero issues before.

On a positive note, this ax210 laptop only connects to the ac68u due to distance, I was only ever able to get around 100MBps, now I'm getting 270-300Mbps tops. Which is pretty insane? Since this was just a firmware for the ax88u

So after 12 days of uptime, none of the devices could connect to the other RT-AX88U which is a node.

1. First, I rebooted both router and node but still same problem.
2. I removed the node, rebooted main router and re-added the node still no device can connect to the node.
3. Router not actually rebooting even after pressing reboot button.
4. Finally reset the main router, set it all up again and added back the node. Now all devices connect to node properly.
5. I have 2 RT-AX88Us so incompatibility should not be an issue.

Should we just dump Asus Routers if basic mesh functionality doesn't work?

Last edited:
I was having the same problem till I figured a workaround by disabling the Smart Connect

use the same network name and password for all wifi

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!