What's new

RT-AC1900P H/W ver:

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

There's two versions that I've seen when I bought my 1900p: V3 and B2. However, there doesn't seem to be any consensus as to which version is newer.

When did you buy yours?
I've seen two label pictures here on the forums. One was posted June, 2016, and it was a Ver: V1. The other was purchased in June, 2016, and it was Ver: V3
I called a bunch of BB stores yesterday (Sunday, 27th), and all the routers in stock were Ver: B2.

thx,
B

I have looked at my router and the web gui, but could not find the hardware version.
Where is it located?

The version number is on the box in the white box with all the barcodes. In the GUI, mine only shows CPU revision c0.

Mine was purchased from BB earlier this year. I had to make a decision, V3 or B2. I chose V3 simply because, logically, it would've had more hardware revisions (V1 -> V2 -> V3) than the B2.

I think you can pull the HW version from nvram as well, from memory so may be wrong:

nvram get HW_ver

The version number is on the box in the white box with all the barcodes. In the GUI, mine only shows CPU revision c0.

Mine was purchased from BB earlier this year. I had to make a decision, V3 or B2. I chose V3 simply because, logically, it would've had more hardware revisions (V1 -> V2 -> V3) than the B2.

I just picked one up at BB yesterday (Monday, 27th). They had two on the shelf. One was V3, and the other was B2. I figured that since all the other stores I called had B2's, it was probably the latest. I also checked the firmware version on both box labels, and the B2's firmware version was a higher number, so I figured again, it was probably newer. Both were manufactured in 2016. (No month listed)

B

I think you can pull the HW version from nvram as well, from memory so may be wrong:

nvram get HW_ver

It's a different value, not related to the hardware revision that's printed on the box. Not all models use that field.

I don't think it's a sequential progression to indicate one is newer (or better). I bought two of them when they first became available and it was already at V3. I just think they were assembled with slightly different parts or from different plants. Not likely to indicate any significant improvement of one over another. But our brains are geared to think in those terms. You will be pleased regardless. It's the RT-AC68u after a few workouts with a personal trainer. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!