What's new

RT-AC3200 bricked

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dribgnikcom

New Around Here
Hello,

I bought this router for next to nothing hoping I could un-brick it. Here is what I have so far:

1) The symptom is that all power LED is off, but the switch will activate a port if a live network cable is plugged into it
2) The serial console gives me gibberish, no matter what. I tried two different Serial to TTL converters, the MAX3232 and a USB CH341a device set to serial mode.

Now, here comes the interesting part... IF the router is left off for a while, and I come back the next morning and plug it in, the power LED will turn on. I can even get into recovery mode, and pointing the browser to 192.168.1.1 gives me the CFE recovery screen, and I can upload a firmware or reset the NVRAM successfully.

The problem is that it doesn't help. The router exhibits the same symptoms after it seems like it finishes flashing (though I might just try letting it flash for an hour next time instead of manually power cycling it when it seems like it's done).

What's really even more odd is that the longer the router is on, the higher the likelihood that the next power-on will cause the power LED not to turn on and the recovery button to become useless.

Is this a hardware issue? Perhaps re-flowing the BCM4709 would help?

Also, I can't find any obvious JTAG points for this model, though I can see test points on it. Has anyone successfully JTAG'd this model yet?

Thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!