What's new

[RT-AC56U] /jffs not mounted

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gds

Occasional Visitor
I am not seeing /jffs mounted and the scripts directory is not created in it after boot when selecting enable jffs and format it on next boot. An attempt to create a directory inside /jffs reports error that it is on a read-only filesystem. Looks like the nvram vars are being set OK by the gui before the reboot.

This is using a local build for rt-56u from git HEAD on Sat. evening:
commit f74a2c75ecddd4eefbe3c7ba06f2d2e719f009dd
Author: Eric Sauvageau <xxx@xxx.xxx>
Date: Sat Jan 25 23:44:37 2014 -0500

Updated documentation

Just did a pull and see some reverts regarding ARM. Maybe I should have pulled sooner. Not sure if those changes could cause this problem. Otherwise, everything seems to be working OK.

Also, don't see a jffs or jffs2 under /dev either. Not sure if it should appear there.

-gds

Don't have an RT-AC56U in front of me; but you need to check the 'erase' or is it the 'format' command underneath when you enable it - then, on the first reboot it creates it and the second reboot it enables it.

Hope I'm remembering this correctly for you.

I think I rebooted at least twice but each time I may have set the erase/format jffs selection on (as well as the enable jffs). I will try again this evening. Thanks!

gds

i had the same, autofill was filling in a password firled when it shouldn't so it threw an error each time.

Yes, that was the problem. One more boot w/o the jffs format selection was needed.