What's new

RT-AC56U router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jjbine

Occasional Visitor
I'm have been trying to setup OPENVPN on this router for days. I researched this site as well as others and I just can't connect. I used the default VPN settings in the router, but all I get is connection failed. When I go to the OpenVPN Windows client and use the exported OVPN file from Asus, the last 4 statement in the OpenVPN client connection windows is
UDPv4 Link local (undef)
UDPV4 Link remote (undef))
(UNDEF) inactivity timeout (ping -restart) recived; process restarted
Repeats over and over

I also turned off my Windows firewall to see if that was blocking things, but it still didn't work.

My setup is..
Lan-to-Lan
ISP Pace 5268Ac router - IP 192.168.1.254 DHCP from 192.168.3 to 253.
ASUS Rt-AC56U IP 192.168.1.2 - turned off DHCP. Firmware build is 3.0.0.4.380_7378

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jim

Last edited:
I'm have been trying to setup OPENVPN on this router for days. I researched this site as well as others and I just can't connect. I used the default VPN settings in the router, but all I get is connection failed. When I go to the OpenVPN Windows client and use the exported OVPN file from Asus, the last 4 statement in the OpenVPN client connection windows is
UDPv4 Link local (undef)
UDPV4 Link remote (undef))
(UNDEF) inactivity timeout (ping -restart) recived; process restarted
Repeats over and over

I also turned off my Windows firewall to see if that was blocking things, but it still didn't work.

My setup is..
Lan-to-Lan
ISP Pace 5268Ac router - IP 192.168.1.254 DHCP from 192.168.3 to 253.
ASUS Rt-AC56U IP 192.168.1.2 - turned off DHCP. Firmware build is 3.0.0.4.380_7378

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jim

Hello,
To clarify, are you trying to VPN into your home network when you are not home (i.e. when you're using your laptop at an airport or something similar)?

Hello,
To clarify, are you trying to VPN into your home network when you are not home (i.e. when you're using your laptop at an airport or something similar)?

No. I'm trying to connect from my home laptop. I have setup a lan-to-lan configuration between my ISP router to Asus rt56U. All are on the same subnet. I have followed Yorgi's example that he has posted. I am at a total lost and would greatly appreciate any help.
Thank you

Jim