What's new

RT-AC66R media bridge loses connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Andrew Portner

New Around Here
Had some weird issues ever since I upgraded to 3.0.0.4.376.3754. Randomly the media bridge will lose connection. Sometimes I can't hit the IP of the media bridge from the main router side, other times I can get to the media bridge but none of the wired clients. I tried updating to Merlin 378.52_2, same issue. Did factory resets every upgrade, on main router and media bridge. Anyone got this working reliably on a firmware version?

Edit: main router is also a RT-AC66R

Last edited:
Had some weird issues ever since I upgraded to 3.0.0.4.376.3754. Randomly the media bridge will lose connection. Sometimes I can't hit the IP of the media bridge from the main router side, other times I can get to the media bridge but none of the wired clients. I tried updating to Merlin 378.52_2, same issue. Did factory resets every upgrade, on main router and media bridge. Anyone got this working reliably on a firmware version?

Edit: main router is also a RT-AC66R

Yes, mine is now rock solid running Merlin 378.53 on both my AC66U media bridge and on another AC66U repeater. I had the same experience you're having with prior versions of firmware, but no longer. Now the connection is solid, and I can always access the GUI of the media bridge and the repeater from any connected computer on my LAN. Main router now is an AC3200 also running Merlin 378.53.

Many people have observed that Asus official firmware's implementation of media bridge is broken. Whatever is in Merlin's 387.53 it just works now.

Yes, mine is now rock solid running Merlin 378.53 on both my AC66U media bridge and on another AC66U repeater. I had the same experience you're having with prior versions of firmware, but no longer. Now the connection is solid, and I can always access the GUI of the media bridge and the repeater from any connected computer on my LAN. Main router now is an AC3200 also running Merlin 378.53.

Many people have observed that Asus official firmware's implementation of media bridge is broken. Whatever is in Merlin's 387.53 it just works now.

Wow, you're right! I upgraded to Merlin 387.53 last night after writing this post, thinking it wouldn't fix the issue. This morning, media bridge is still connected. Hope this keeps up! Thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!