What's new

RT-AC66U - 380.65 Continuous Logout Web Interface

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hobodude

New Around Here
Hello,

When I attempt to make configuration changes to certain settings within the web gui on my router the router logs me back out of the admin interface and the changes are not made. Some settings I am able to change with no issue, such as the Device Name under LAN IP, however if I attempt to make static DHCP whitelist settings, parental control settings, or DHCP settings I immediately get logged out of the router and sent back to the login screen.

This was also happening on the previous Merlin version (378.51)

I've reset the router to default configs which didn't help.

I have used both http and https from 3 different browsers and cleared the cache on all of them.

I tried running wireshark to see what was happening and it looks like I might be getting a RST packet when I try to apply the changes.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Know topic and discussed a lot in the forum (did you search for it?):
Use the IP address of the router (e.g. 192.168.1.1) not a host name (e.g. router.asus.com) and it should work!

Some dialogs still will log you out, but this a normal behavior.

Yes Yes I did search it and only saw one reference to this issue on page 17 of a separate thread regarding changing the host name and local host file. But that thread did not address this priblem, just the host file issue op was having.

I'm not using hostname to log in. I'm using the ipv4 address.

Is there a workaround? Perhaps a configuration file I can edit? I didn't see anything with busy box to make modifications to these types of settings.

Is there a workaround? Perhaps a configuration file I can edit? I didn't see anything with busy box to make modifications to these types of settings.
Try using a new browser that has not connected to the router before. That works for me.