What's new

rt-ac66u rebooting in repeater mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

darrius3g

New Around Here
Hi,

I have a rt-ac5300 in wireless router mode and using a rt-ac66u in repeater mode bothing using the merlin 380.57 firmware. But the rt-ac66u seems to be rebooting about every 2-3 minutes in while repeater mode. Everything connects successfully to the default router and I'm able to gain internet access using the ssids setup on the rt-ac66u though the connected clients, its just everything 2-3 minutes the router reboots and i just canr figure out why. As a temporary solution i went back to the latest default ASUS firmware with the router in repeater mode and everything works fine and the router is stable and not rebooting. Does anyone have any suggestions on why the rt-ac66u would be rebooting while using the merlin 380.57 firmware in repeater mode? I would really like to get back to using the merlin firmware on that router!

Thank You

I have the same problem with an AC66U in repeater mode with merlin 380.57 and I had to downgrade to 378.56_2. Other people reported that in 380.57 thread, so I think it's a known issue for this release.

I have a setup with 2 AC66U with the second one on repeater mode. it is happening the same thing with me on firmware 380.57. I changed it to normal router and the repeating stopped, but now I have a double NAT. I will downgrade to 378.56_2 until this bug is fixed.

Can't use 280.57 on AC 66 if in media bridge or repeater mode 378.56.2 works well .

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!