What's new

RT-AC68U Firmware Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jogl

Occasional Visitor
On advice received here I went and bought an RT-AC68U router. The jury is still out.

One thing that I have noticed is that the pop up client list quit working. The right side bar client list appears to be working but I would like to have the pop up working too. After searching around a little I see that it is firmware revision related. I am running 3.0.0.4.378_9313.

What revision should I be running if my main concerns are having pop up client list working and also having the reserved ip working properly?

Thanks.

I'd recommend the latest RMerlin firmware or one of the branches (john9527, hggomes) instead.

No offense intended to Merlin, but what does his fork get me that the OEM stuff doesn't?

Also, should I use the latest revision, or is there an older "safe" version? I have enough historical gremlins (most created by me in my previous innocence, ok, ignorance) in my LAN without having to fight hardware/firmware at the same time (the exact reason that I have a new router).

No offense intended to Merlin, but what does his fork get me that the OEM stuff doesn't?
You can read everything in the thread Asuswrt-Merlin - custom firmware for Asus routers. :rolleyes:
Also, should I use the latest revision, or is there an older "safe" version? I have enough historical gremlins (most created by me in my previous innocence, ok, ignorance) in my LAN without having to fight hardware/firmware at the same time (the exact reason that I have a new router).
Always go for the latest and greatest version! ;)