What's new

RT-AX82U - "The country code is not exist! Please enter Country Code."

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

villagedoctor

New Around Here
After I upgraded from the stock firmware to FW_RT_AX82U_300438650289, both of the WiFi bands no longer show AND the following pop-up is displayed. The same behavior persists after I upgraded to the latest firmware FW_RT_AX82U_300438823285, and downgraded back to the stock firmware. Reading the forums, it appears that the factory partition has somehow become corrupted and is not related to the firmware. Does anyone know how to fix the issue?

Ask for Country Code - Screenshot 2023-08-08 071636.gif

Current firmware for RT-AX82U is on 388 base. How did you "upgrade" to 386 base firmware? All current 388 firmware files are double size (~95MB) indicating this router perhaps has different hardware revisions. Asuswrt 386_50289 is the last firmware containing single image (~55MB). If your router is updated hardware revision and you forced older firmware with Firmware Restoration tool - you killed your router.

Last edited:
The flow was Stock >> FW_RT_AX82U_300438650289 >> FW_RT_AX82U_300438823285.

The issue presented itself right after the update from Stock >> FW_RT_AX82U_300438650289, before I downgraded the firmware.

Looking for help to repair the factory partition.

Stock >> FW_RT_AX82U_300438650289 >> FW_RT_AX82U_300438823285

Both are stock firmware versions. How did you flash different firmware versions?

I have read this and several other related threads about this issue in snbforums. I am looking for some specific steps (with SSH/nvram commands) that I can use to restore the corrupted factory partition.

You can reach out to @ColinTaylor and see if he's willing to help you in the same manner in private. Nobody is going to publicly post that information from their router or publicly post information that could very well brick peoples' routers.

You were potentially sold a hacked router, someone bought ones from another country and hacked them to be a different region, but once you try upgrading the firmware, it detects that and you have to find an updated hack.

The impression I get is it is virtually impossible to impact that partition "by accident". Possible that the memory is going bad, but you'd have a lot more things corrupted than just that most likely.

Thanks for the suggestion, @drinkingbird. I bought the router from AMZN new, and it worked fine up until the point I attempted to upgrade the firmware.

@ColinTaylor was kind and patient enough to look through the logs from my router and walk me through the steps to fix the issue.

Thanks for the suggestion, @drinkingbird. I bought the router from AMZN new, and it worked fine up until the point I attempted to upgrade the firmware.

@ColinTaylor was kind and patient enough to look through the logs from my router and walk me through the steps to fix the issue.

Sold by Amazon or a 3rd party?

That partition should be virtually impossible to mess up but of course there are always one-offs.

Very kind of @ColinTaylor to spend the time, seems like it is probably a pretty delicate process that requires good knowledge of the file system.