What's new

RT-AC68U: Virtual WAN with individual device routing possible?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mickeko

New Around Here
Hello.

I have the AC68U router, which works fine. I also have two shiny PS4s causing issues when on the same IP (dure to port reservations). I do NOT want to use uPnP for all sorts of reasons. So currently one of the PS4s is connected on it's own internet IP rather than on my local network. This is obviosuly non ideal. I want to have both consoles in my network. So, what I want to do is to create a virtual WAN port, grab an extra IP from my ISPs DHCP, then route internet traffic from one of my ps4s through that IP rather than the default one.

Is this doable? Currently I'm using the stock firmware, but I don't mind flashing something else to make this happen.

I appreciate any help I can get, thank you. :)

Hello.

I have the AC68U router, which works fine. I also have two shiny PS4s causing issues when on the same IP (dure to port reservations). I do NOT want to use uPnP for all sorts of reasons. So currently one of the PS4s is connected on it's own internet IP rather than on my local network. This is obviosuly non ideal. I want to have both consoles in my network. So, what I want to do is to create a virtual WAN port, grab an extra IP from my ISPs DHCP, then route internet traffic from one of my ps4s through that IP rather than the default one.

Is this doable? Currently I'm using the stock firmware, but I don't mind flashing something else to make this happen.

I appreciate any help I can get, thank you. :)
I would guess that your ISP is going to require a second connection (cable modem or DSU, double cost, etc). I doubt they can or will give you two IPs on one connection.

I would guess that your ISP is going to require a second connection (cable modem or DSU, double cost, etc). I doubt they can or will give you two IPs on one connection.

I've successfully leased 5 simultaneous IP's from my ISP on my single connection (fibre), currently I only use 2 though. So that's not an issue.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!