What's new

RT-AC86U / Merlin 382.1_2 / reboot schedule not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Emanuel Paul

Occasional Visitor
Hello together

I have set up a daily reboot schedule (02:00) in the gui. But the router does not reboot at all. I read, that there are problems on the AC68 with the reboot schedule. But is it the same with the AC86?

You need to set up your time zone in order for reboot schedule to work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

thank you. that was already done. found out, that after setting up the plan for rebooting one manual reboot is needed to activate the rule.

no it works..

Hi again. I have to write about the same issue again. My RT-AC86U has set up the correct time zone and a reboot schedule every night. Sometimes it works for several days and then the router does not reboot automatically for several days. If I reboot manually, the schedule works again for a certain time. I'm on Merlin 384.6.

When I opened the thread, the problem was, that I did not manually reboot the router after setting up the schedule. But this time this is not the case.

Any idea?

Hi again. I have to write about the same issue again. My RT-AC86U has set up the correct time zone and a reboot schedule every night. Sometimes it works for several days and then the router does not reboot automatically for several days. If I reboot manually, the schedule works again for a certain time. I'm on Merlin 384.6.

When I opened the thread, the problem was, that I did not manually reboot the router after setting up the schedule. But this time this is not the case.

Any idea?

Scheduling, both of reboot, & wifi, has been intermittently broken on factory & Merlin firmware for a considerable while.
Works sometimes for a few days, sometimes not.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!