What's new

RT-AC86U - some wireless clients don't appear in "View List"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BlueOrbit

Regular Contributor
I am running the latest firmware 3.0.0.4.384_20308 on my AC86U. All wireless clients are connected and working well. But I am noticing that some clients don't show up in the "View List". This is also an issue in the mobile router app.

For example, on the main screen, the total number of clients is 18, but when I click on the "View List", I am only seeing 15 total clients.

Anyone experiencing the same issue? Any way to fix this?

Thanks!

Nope, works fine! Did you do a factory reset after upgrade?

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

I am running the latest firmware 3.0.0.4.384_20308 on my AC86U. All wireless clients are connected and working well. But I am noticing that some clients don't show up in the "View List". This is also an issue in the mobile router app.

For example, on the main screen, the total number of clients is 18, but when I click on the "View List", I am only seeing 15 total clients.

Thanks!

IMO, the Network Map client list is a work in progress. Do you see your client MACs in the Wireless Log? If so, then it's a "display issue".

OE

IMO, the Network Map client list is a work in progress. Do you see your client MACs in the Wireless Log? If so, then it's a "display issue".

OE

Yes, I agree that this is a display issue. I do see all MACs for the clients that are displayed. But, for example, the laptop I am using to write this, is connected wirelessly on a 5GHz band and working fine, yet it is not displayed in the client list.

Yes, I agree that this is a display issue. I do see all MACs for the clients that are displayed. But, for example, the laptop I am using to write this, is connected wirelessly on a 5GHz band and working fine, yet it is not displayed in the client list.

It's hard to say at this point... wait and see might be the best option. I have a wireless mobile on 2.4 GHz that is always 'wired'. And a another wireless mobile that is sometimes 'wired'. And a wired client that comes and goes on the node client list. But they all work fine.

OE

for me work ok, In main screen i see 10 clients connected, i click "view list" and i see 10 clients.

Thanks!
It's a bug been mentioned in other threads , Asus aware.

Looks like its working now after a reboot. Will see if this continues to work.
many things work after reboot in 86u ;)
I hope that asus fix this quickly.

Interesting to find this old topic ...
I have this issue right now (firmware 3.0.0.4.384_81918) with a wired connected device. I can access it through the corresponding IP which I've seen on the device from DHCP, but I can not see it in the "View List" .... :(

Later edit: When I go to LAN - DHCP Server I can find that device if I press: "Show offline client list" , so somehow Asus considers my device as being offline ...... that's why probably it doesn't show it in the top list ....

Thanks!
I have the same thing. Some printer when set to static IP won't show...over time the list got better but most important for me is that everything is connected and working fine....

it happens to me on rare occasions and a reset solves the problem. i haven't encountered the problem in the latest firmware but it did happen on many of the previous ones.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!