What's new

Cannot assign a fixed IP to one of my network clients

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
My router is refusing to allow me to assign a fixed IP address to one of my network devices. I can force it to do so from the device's GUI, which does work, but even then, the router still displays the old IP address. I've tried switching off the device but that hasn't worked. I tried rebooting the router as well, but that didn't work either. I don't want to try another reboot as I need to leave it running without interruption for a few days while I test for a recurrence of an issue with the 2.4 GHz band that I have reported in another thread.

This is what "Who's On My Wi-Fi" was reporting:
Screenshot - 09_07_2023 , 10_38_48.jpg

This shows that I was able to access the device's GUI using 192.168.50.103:
Screenshot - 09_07_2023 , 10_43_39.jpg

And this shows what the GUI of my router was showing:
Screenshot - 09_07_2023 , 10_37_45.jpg

The router network map is still messed up. If you assign a static IP address to the device the network map may show the correct address if you reboot the router. Then again, maybe not. Firmware 388.23525 also does not update the DDNS when the WAN address changes. I have just finished going back to 388.23285.

OK, thank you for letting me know.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!