What's new

RT-AC87U 380.69_2 issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Vunderful

New Around Here
Hi, just wanted to let you know that manual assignment in DHCP doesn't work and the "enable manual assignment" button has no effect. Turning it to no does not stop manual assignment. Also, I constantly get disconnected from my DLNA media server with this router for some reason :(. The last issue I noticed is the "Redirect webui access to router.asus.com" radial button does not redirect to router.asus.com when enabled.

P.S. Thank you for fixing the crashing issue in this latest update. MUCH appreciated!!

Last edited:
Hi, just wanted to let you know that manual assignment in DHCP doesn't work and the "enable manual assignment" button has no effect. Turning it to no does not stop manual assignment.
Lawl... what you probably wanted is ARP binding which AFAIK Asus does not offer. The switch is all about enabling the manually assigned IPs to be served to your clients instead of MAC hashing.

The last issue I noticed is the "Redirect webui access to router.asus.com" radial button does not redirect to router.asus.com when enabled.
Try a different loopback option if you need it that much...

Lawl... what you probably wanted is ARP binding which AFAIK Asus does not offer. The switch is all about enabling the manually assigned IPs to be served to your clients instead of MAC hashing.

Try a different loopback option if you need it that much...

So manually assigning IP addresses through the DHCP server is not supported? Seriously? As for the webui radial button, I don't really care. Just thought I would inform it was broken for repair or removal purposes. Thanks for the condescending tone though.

ummm... manually assigning is supported, tick the flag enabled and input your IPs... You were talking about the situation with the flag disabled. "Turning it to no does not stop manual assignment"

ummm... manually assigning is supported, tick the flag enabled and input your IPs... You were talking about the situation with the flag disabled. "Turning it to no does not stop manual assignment"

I have mapped several IPs to Mac addresses. They are out of range of my dhcp pool though. They are being supplied wrong IPs.

DHCP Pool = .100 - .254
Statically assigned range .2 - .99

My static assignments are being ignored, on top of the fact that I can't disable static assignments from the host side.

I have mapped several IPs to Mac addresses. They are out of range of my dhcp pool though. They are being supplied wrong IPs.

DHCP Pool = .100 - .254
Statically assigned range .2 - .99

My static assignments are being ignored, on top of the fact that I can't disable static assignments from the host side.

Okkay, I messed up. Thought the radial button for manual assignment blocked hosts from assigning their own IP, when in reality it just enabled the manual assignment table below it.