What's new

RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_378_5587- Unofficial beta firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

poor_poor

Regular Contributor
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/93864964-post3390.html

Dear all,

Another new build for RT-AC87U

RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_378_5587- Unofficial beta firmware
# ------------------------------------------------------
Fix dualwan works abnormal issue
Fix usb modem issues
Fix Territory code command
Fix Disk related UI
Fix secondary wan not work issue
Fix [Quick Internet Setup] IPconflict environment, QIS change LAN IP

Download: http://goo.gl/VshlxI

Important Notice:
No required hard reset, if you update from build 5556 firmware.
Do not restore configure settings due to the driver update.

Please feedback to me

Best regard,
JK

I hope they keep sharing unofficial betas :D fast like these ones

Does these recent updates have these issues fixed?

SSH if enabled open on WAN?
Network Key special characters ridicule ?

Haven't seen any update to QT firmware/driver since long time ( not talking about MIMU enable )

Nice. Good to see that they keep rolling them out :) But I will stick with Asuswrt-Merlin for now. Finally got the thing stable :)

I have to say, I've had huge issues with 5556 like no other firmware, so I'm looking forward to this new release! (frequent 2.4 GHz drops, very high-latency DNS queries against the router are the two biggest).

I was solid with the one before it, so I'm thinking 5556 was a feature push, now we see the bugfixes come down. Huzzah.

I have to say, I've had huge issues with 5556 like no other firmware, so I'm looking forward to this new release! (frequent 2.4 GHz drops, very high-latency DNS queries against the router are the two biggest).

I was solid with the one before it, so I'm thinking 5556 was a feature push, now we see the bugfixes come down. Huzzah.
Sorry to ask this dumb question, but after applying it, did you do a hard reset and loaded all manually again (not using the cfg file)?

In my particular case 5556 I had to apply it a second time to solve a lag issue to apply any change on the router's config. Strange but yes.

Try now the new beta 5587 and see how it goes. I'm not having any issue at all hopefully.

Replied through TapaTalk

Sorry to ask this dumb question, but after applying it, did you do a hard reset and loaded all manually again (not using the cfg file)?

In my particular case 5556 I had to apply it a second time to solve a lag issue to apply any change on the router's config. Strange but yes.

Try now the new beta 5587 and see how it goes. I'm not having any issue at all hopefully.

Yes, I nuked it from orbit and started over, for 5556. But no, I didn't flash a second time-- I'm a firm believer that ones are ones and zeros are zeros, and it's not exactly a cassette tape we're overwriting.

Still, I'm seeing no issues with 5587 in the (very) short time I've been running it, but in this time I would have seen a couple dropouts on 5556.

/edit: Well, it dropped out just as I hit 'reply'.

Yes, I nuked it from orbit and started over, for 5556. But no, I didn't flash a second time-- I'm a firm believer that ones are ones and zeros are zeros, and it's not exactly a cassette tape we're overwriting.

Still, I'm seeing no issues with 5587 in the (very) short time I've been running it, but in this time I would have seen a couple dropouts on 5556.

/edit: Well, it dropped out just as I hit 'reply'.
Yes, it doesn't make sense to re apply the same firmware again to resolve something... but... for some reason it worked for me.... :S

Replied through TapaTalk

I think I'm okay. It suddenly occurred to me that my uplink was never rebooted since before 5556, which should be standard procedure when you're PPPoE bridged. I just spaced on that.

Bouncing the cable modem as well as the router seems to be pretty solid. Lesson learned. Or reinforced. Or something...

Working great so far. I am getting slick at uploading latest firmware and doing hard reset and enter my config manually ;o)

Hey guys atm on 5134. I cant seem to go the Factory Reset when i do a hard reset when i click the red Botton behind the router. I just did it but it says im still on 5134. What is the factory reset number?

Hey guys atm on 5134. I cant seem to go the Factory Reset when i do a hard reset when i click the red Botton behind the router. I just did it but it says im still on 5134. What is the factory reset number?
Cazzoi the 5134 is the firmware version number you have installed into your router.
If you press and hold the red button and release it, what you do it set all setting as default in the device. There's no such number you mention.

Then throught the Administration tab if you go ti upgrade subtab you can browse the lastest firmware you have downloaded, select it and apply it. After this process you'll notice the firmware number has changed on firmware version line above in the web interface.

Hope it helps :)

Replied through TapaTalk

Doing a factory reset does not erase the firmware it just resets all parameters and settings along with clearing Nvram. If you want to upgrade to a different firmware then you need to download it unzip it and install it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here 5587 is working great, no drops, loops or any issue so far. Even the led light's blinking has a bit more sense now.

Replied through TapaTalk

5587 firmware running superb on rt-ac87u. I have not taken the advice offered to run the backup config script yet so doing everything manually after hard reset. If using QOS, in my case it appears the default is Gaming, so check that. For some reason cannot get into the modem with SFTP, only FTP, but on other devices, SFTP yes. Maybe something I screwed up in the manual re-config.

This version is excellent. I have never seen faster transfer speeds via wireless to my 2 TB USB 3.0 HD connected to the RT-AC87. I am getting 40 MB/sec down and 30 MB/sec up. The fastest ever before was 29 MB/sec down and 18 MB/sec up. Its fantastic!

CC

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!