What's new

RT-AX68U Availability

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Picard

Occasional Visitor
Hello,
I am in the market to upgrade our older RT-AC68U to the RT-AX68U. We have two AC68U working together as a mesh but they are many years old now.
There seems to be little to no availability of the AX68U in Canada at the moment. Is anyone aware of a supply issue or if ASUS plans on replacing this model? I am looking for a router with factory WireGuard support, perhaps I should look for another model? Thanks for any advice.

The AX68U has quite a few bad reviews here on the forums. I would avoid it the AX86U or AX86S would likely be a better choice. Lots of info available just read around or google.

I bought a previously used one on Ebay for $40..I knew it had a problem but since the warranty covers it, I did a trouble shooting session with support. They sent an RMA label and the refurbished unit they shipped also has a problem and I was sent a brand new one in its place. Having upgraded from the AC68P, its faster, better range and runs cool as a cucumber..haven't seen a firmware upgrade since Nov, but it works perfectly.

The AX68U has quite a few bad reviews here on the forums. I would avoid it the AX86U or AX86S would likely be a better choice. Lots of info available just read around or google.
No offense but when I look at the forums I rarely see problems posted about the AX68U. I've owned one for months and its rock solid, has great range, runs cooler than any previous Asus router I've owned too..Different strokes for different folks :)

No offense but when I look at the forums I rarely see problems posted about the AX68U. I've owned one for months and its rock solid, has great range, runs cooler than any previous Asus router I've owned too..Different strokes for different folks :)

I have no experience with the AX68U. I only know what i have read here and other places. It may be a good router just passing what i have heard. The AX86 line has great reviews and are popular.

Just not true.

Just not true.

What's not true ? That there are some poor reviews of the AX68U ? Surely in your point of view if it's not a AX6000 it's not worth it. Wake up bro !!

There was only one saying that. And they had never even tried it.

So, yeah. Not true.

The GT-AX6000 is superior obviously, but for (much) less than 1Gbps ISP speeds, the RT-AX68U is a great fit.

I called one of large retailers and the AX68U was on sale while supplies lasted and will not be replenished (now out of stock at all retailers). Over the coming weeks, I will keep looking for good pricing on the AX68U, AX86U, or the AX86S. For our use, the AX68U was a good option for the price/performance. The AX86U or the AX86S (less RAM and no 2.5Gb port) are both good options to consider. Perhaps ASUS is changing models or hardware revisions at the moment? I am also open to other routers with WireGuard support. Thanks for the suggestions.

I called one of large retailers and the AX68U was on sale while supplies lasted and will not be replenished (now out of stock at all retailers). Over the coming weeks, I will keep looking for good pricing on the AX68U, AX86U, or the AX86S. For our use, the AX68U was a good option for the price/performance. The AX86U or the AX86S (less RAM and no 2.5Gb port) are both good options to consider. Perhaps ASUS is changing models or hardware revisions at the moment? I am also open to other routers with WireGuard support. Thanks for the suggestions.
The new one Asus sent me has a 2022 manufacture date so its possible its discontinued. Regardless, I feel its a great device and having owned four other Asus routers, its by far the best of any

What's not true ? That there are some poor reviews of the AX68U ? Surely in your point of view if it's not a AX6000 it's not worth it. Wake up bro !!
I'd suggest you search this forum for threads that show problems with this model..you'll notice there are tons for the AX86U and others. Having owned four others by Asus, this is BY FAR the best one I've purchased

Hello, I'm following up with this community on router availability for purchase. For the last month, there has been no stock in Canada of the RT-AX68U at the ASUS website, Newegg, Staples, Best Buy or Memory Express. There is also limited or no stock of the RT-AX86U or RT-AX86S. Are there any supply issues or any news of updated hardware from ASUS? I could not find any news after searching. Thanks.

Just not true.
Wrong. Former owner. Absolutely bad reviews here. Got rid of it.

The below is only 12 pages :rolleyes:

Not wrong. 12 pages vs. the 10s and probably 100's of thousands this product has sold worldwide doesn't hold too much weight.

I don't know what you did to set one up or how you expected to use it. The dozens I've set up for customers haven't given a hiccup for any of them. Years later.

Wrong. Former owner. Absolutely bad reviews here. Got rid of it.

The below is only 12 pages :rolleyes:
So you got rid of it based on biased reviews? I received one manufactured last year and its been the BEST router I've owned. Great range, excellent speeds, runs cooler than any other Asus router I'd owned. If you look through this forum you'll have a hard time finding posts about problems with it either. As @L&LD stated, its been a great addition to the lineup..I wouldn't sell mine at any price

Not wrong. 12 pages vs. the 10s and probably 100's of thousands this product has sold worldwide doesn't hold too much weight.

I don't know what you did to set one up or how you expected to use it. The dozens I've set up for customers haven't given a hiccup for any of them. Years later.
For the life of me I can't figure out why people bash one of the best AX routers Asus designed. And as you know, its difficult to find ANY threads about problems members have with it. That in itself is rare!

Hello, I'm following up with this community on router availability for purchase. For the last month, there has been no stock in Canada of the RT-AX68U at the ASUS website, Newegg, Staples, Best Buy or Memory Express. There is also limited or no stock of the RT-AX86U or RT-AX86S. Are there any supply issues or any news of updated hardware from ASUS? I could not find any news after searching. Thanks.
Seems that it is discontinued. I am in the US and see that there is now a RT-AX86U Pro model in it's place. I have currently have the RT-AX86U and have a few problems with it. Thinking about upgrading in the future. Not sure if I'll go with the Pro model or not. I'll wait to see how the reviews look.

So mutliple users complaining of a whole wifi band dropping doesn't have weight? If I didn't have the same exact problem, I might be a little cynical, too, but I did, and I know what I'm doing.

So you got rid of it based on biased reviews? I received one manufactured last year and its been the BEST router I've owned. Great range, excellent speeds, runs cooler than any other Asus router I'd owned. If you look through this forum you'll have a hard time finding posts about problems with it either. As @L&LD stated, its been a great addition to the lineup..I wouldn't sell mine at any price

"Got rid of it" was me getting "lucky"

I had a lightning strike at my house that took a ton of (yes, surge suppressed) equipment down with it. With the price drops, I replaced it with an AX-86S, which beats the pants off it in every way.

Maybe later production runs got better? It's happened before, but the amount of traffic on that one issue, on a fairly low-volume router, is noteable here.

I didn't say it doesn't hold any weight. I stated it doesn't hold much.

Yes, the RT-AX86U/s is much more powerful. As I've stated and ranked them similarly, in that order, many times in these forums.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!