What's new

RT-AX86U/RT-AX5700 hits the FCC

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just when you think you've seen the laziest bit of journalism ever...

I have received the ASUS RT-AX86U sometime back ;) :s22:

Stay tuned for my impression and evaluation :D

mHwLb7K.jpg

It's solid so far. Doesn't let my Realtek 2.5G crash like the AC86U did strangely...

Attachments

• WeChat Image_20200807174040.jpg
    WeChat Image_20200807174040.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 256
In Canada, CC now has the RT-AX86U up on special order, $329 CAD; that's $20 cheaper than what BB has the AX82u listed at (although the ax82u was on sale there last week for $299).

Last edited:
I got it for 1450RMB which translates to 210 USD or 280 CAD.

Gotta love China for that. I do get some funky Chinese options though from Tencent and NetEase for speeding up game ping etc... Wonder how that works since I flashed the latest firmware from the Asus global site... it must have some trigger connected to the Device ID to activate that.

Last edited:
Appreciate that. Yeah I've been debating, I just upgraded to giganet and we run around 15 devices. I could see the extra processing power being useful. I got my 2900 for 180, so f I can get the 86u for around 280 I think I will. I have an XR 500nright now but its been temperamental.
With 15 clients I would not worry, we have 36 and the RT-AC86U works just fine.

Listing is up for newegg.com in US - no stock yet though.

Back in stock but not sure how long.

Still in stock a day later, must have received a bunch. Seems unlikely they wouldn't sell even at $250. Time for a sale...

EDIT: and still 2 days later
EDIT2: I think these have been in stock continuously, surprising to me that they didn't sell out.

Last edited:
Dong knows nothing. “RT-AX88U is basically RT-AC88U with WiFi 6 support“. Seriously, Dong? Amateur website with inaccurate test procedures and conclusions. Don’t waste your time reading it.

Lol, wat? Sorry, but i'll trust someone's input with a public history of numerous good hardware reviews and informative articles vs some random and unknown butthurt forum poster with droid avatar who gets killed

With that outa the way, my AX86U arrived earlier from Newegg, so I can't wait to set it up!

Lol, wat? Sorry, but i'll trust someone's input with a public history of numerous good hardware reviews and informative articles vs some random and unknown butthurt forum poster with droid avatar who gets killed

With that outa the way, my AX86U arrived earlier from Newegg, so I can't wait to set it up!

Let me know how it is please!

Trust whoever you want. Dong has straight technically incorrect statements in many places around his website. He just writes without checking the facts. He doesn’t even bother to read user manuals for products he is reviewing.

I had RT-AC86U routers before and this is what I found on Dong's website:

"What’s most interesting is the RT-AC86U can be restored with a backup file of any other Asus routers, going back as far as the RT-N66U. As a result, if you’re using an older Asus router, you can just backup the setting of that router, then upload it to the RT-AC86U during the initial setup wizard."

This guy has no idea... fake news. :D
Better wait for RT-AX86U reviews from people who really know things.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!