What's new

Samba share issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

spothunter

Occasional Visitor
I recently replaced my RTN66U with an RTAC68R running Merlin 384.8_2. With my old router when I connected to the usb drives on the router it would mount the drive (sda1, sdb1). With the new router it displays all the directories on each drive with what drive they are located on in parentheses under the directory name.

I've tried whatever I could think of to get it to give me the option to mount either of the drives and navigate from there as opposed to displaying all the directories on both at once. Nothing has changed on the desktop os (Debian 9.6) so there must be something I'm missing in the router settings.

Thanks

Turn on simple share naming. If you want to remove the (drive) portion. Not sure about your other portion.
Screen Shot 2018-12-23 at 20.12.43.png

Excellent, thank you Colin! That was the one thing I didn't try because a) it brings up a flashing icon complaining about security and b) I didn't think that could possibly been the issue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!