What's new

Saving DHCP Static IP Address List before clean FW install

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JemTheWire

As I have a lot of static IP address' set up, it is a laborious task inputting them all after a router clean start (FW reset).

Is it possible to save this list some how so it can be restored?

Thanks.

As I have a lot of static IP address' set up, it is a laborious task inputting them all after a router clean start (FW reset).

Is it possible to save this list some how so it can be restored?

Thanks.

Been asked (and rejected by RMerlin many times - search the forum) but here is a thread that describes at least two different scripts to achieve your aim (and sort the list to your liking)

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/feature-request-mass-upload-of-dhcp-hostnames-from-the-gui.25075/)

However given that in the later releases, ASUS have added an 'EXPORT' button on the 'Network Map' -> Clients->View List to export that list to a .csv file (although I don't see an IMPORT option?), then adding the same button/functionality to the DHCP list may be something that the ASUS programmers may consider as a 'work in progress'.

P.S. Anyone who flashes the firmware for a clean install should be using John9527's excellent NVRAM/JFFS Backup/Restore script.

Last edited:
Just log into your router through ssh or telnet and write

Code:
nvram get dhcp_staticlist
You will see all your entries, copy these lines from console window to notepad and save it

After factory reset you shoult log in through ssh/telnet again and type
Code:
nvram set dhcp_staticlist="your_data"
where 'your_data' is content saved to notepad before.
And be careful with extra spaces, etc.
Then
Code:
nvram commit
reboot
or just push "Apply" on the dhcp static leases page in Webui, then reboot

Thank you very much, that's great.

I didn't really understand the link in post #2

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!