What's new

scMerlin scMerlin - service and script control menu for AsusWRT-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Apparently, yes.
Code:
Sep  4 05:21:17 RT-AC86U-4608 scmerlin: MD5 hash of scmerlin does not match - downloading updated v1.1.3

Sep  4 19:07:31 RT-AC86U-4608 scmerlin: MD5 hash of scmerlin does not match - downloading updated v1.1.3

Thanks, ever since the AC86U JFFS corruption debacle, I'm a bit paranoid of MD5 mismatches!

From "t. View router temperatures" menu i got incorrect symbol in temperature output:
CPU: 74▒C
2.4 GHz: 49.5°C
5 GHz: 54°C
Tried to change it in the script but did not help. Still got "▒" symbol (ASCII code 176 or 177) instead of degree symbol then i figured out where it comes from:
RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# cat /proc/dmu/temperature
CPU temperature : 73▒C
Router is storing wrong symbol. I guess only ASUS or @RMerlin can fix it because this file is generated and updated by router itself.
What i did: reconfigured cut to only take digits after ":" (sorry i am not that fluent with cut) and add degree symbol (ASCII code 167).
To achieve this i changed line #558 in /jffs/scripts/scmerlin script from:
Bash:
printf "CPU:%s\\n" "$(cut -f2 -d':' /proc/dmu/temperature)"
To:
Bash:
printf "CPU: %s°C\\n" "$(cut -c19-20 /proc/dmu/temperature)"
but it's not perfect.
@Jack Yaz can you please take a look at that in your spare time?
Of course it is priority #999999 :) very insignificant.

Last edited:
From "t. View router temperatures" menu i got incorrect symbol in temperature output:

Tried to change it in the script but did not help. Still got "▒" symbol (ASCII code 176 or 177) instead of degree symbol then i figured out where it comes from:

Router is storing wrong symbol. I guess only ASUS or @RMerlin can fix it because this file is generated and updated by router itself.
What i did: reconfigured cut to only take digits after ":" (sorry i am not that fluent with cut) and add degree symbol (ASCII code 167).
To achieve this i changed line #558 in /jffs/scripts/scmerlin script from:
Bash:
printf "CPU:%s\\n" "$(cut -f2 -d':' /proc/dmu/temperature)"
To:
Bash:
printf "CPU: %s°C\\n" "$(cut -c19-20 /proc/dmu/temperature)"
but it's not perfect.
@Jack Yaz can you please take a look at that in your spare time?
Of course it is priority #999999 :) very insignificant.
sorry for the delay. can you run the below and let me know if it achieves the same thing please?
Code:
printf "CPU:%s\\n" "$(cut -f2 -d':' /proc/dmu/temperature | awk '{$1=$1;print}' | sed 's/..$/°C/')"

Last edited:
sorry for the delay. can you run the below and let me know if it achieves the same thing please?
Code:
printf "CPU:%s\\n" "$(cut -f2 -d':' /proc/dmu/temperature | awk '{$1=$1;print}' | 's/..$/°C/')"
missing "sed" command
printf "CPU:%s\\n" "$(cut -f2 -d':' /proc/dmu/temperature | awk '{$1=$1;print}' | sed 's/..$/°C/')"

Code:
@Jack Yaz yes it does:
CPU:73°C

Last edited:
just curious,
is it also possible to see (make/add) a addon all temperature from all aimesh nodes connected ?

just curious,
is it also possible to see (make/add) a addon all temperature from all aimesh nodes connected ?
aimesh code is all closed source so I don't imagine there's a way to do this without setting up some sort of ssh solution to the IPs of the nodes

aimesh code is all closed source so I don't imagine there's a way to do this without setting up some sort of ssh solution to the IPs of the nodes

thx for explaining.

Just wanted to say thanks to all and Jack Yaz for this, my Asus rt-ac86u (latest merlin) router web ui sometimes vanishes for good, no rebooting or unplugging and waiting fixes it only a hard reset + full reinstall from scratch, but next time it happens I will give scmerlin a shot.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!