What's new

scMerlin scMerlin - service and script control menu for AsusWRT-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hey @Jack Yaz
As you can see, only my vpn client 3 is on - so that should the the only one to show for reboot.
However, it's also showing the first one (Wich is stopped)
There's no proper way to tell if a VPN Client/Server is off by user choice, or some other fault. This was discussed previously. Consensus was to present any configured VPN clients for reboot

There's no proper way to tell if a VPN Client/Server is off by user choice, or some other fault. This was discussed previously. Consensus was to present any configured VPN clients for reboot
In this case why isn't shown my client 5?

command called is
Code:
service restart_time >/dev/null 2>&1
maybe restarting the time service causes dropbear to restart?
Yep running it manually always causes a dropbear restart... Very od

@Jack Yaz

I had to re-install all mu plugins and now have no addons menu at the bottom.

How is this recovered ?

Did you reboot the router?

Which scripts did you install? Only my scripts add the addons page, and not all of them at that

Hi,

I remembered I had not restarted, fine after reboot.

Sorry for wasting your time.

Yep running it manually always causes a dropbear restart... Very od

Yes, I noticed the same thing over the weekend when I re-installed ntpMerlin on a clean build ...

Was able to recover manually, but still thought it was a bit weird

Hey Jack,
I definitely have vpn client 5 configured and working, but is isn't showing on scmerlin.

I have configured client 1, 3 and 5. Only 1 and 3 shows. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200804-212107347.png
    Screenshot_20200804-212107347.png
    149.2 KB · Views: 101
Hey Jack,
I definitely have vpn client 5 configured and working, but is isn't showing on scmerlin.

I have configured client 1, 3 and 5. Only 1 and 3 shows. Thanks

I think that you have to change this on line 222:
Bash:
  while [ "$vpnclientnum" -lt 5 ]; do
to
Bash:
  while [ "$vpnclientnum" -le 5 ]; do

@Jack Yaz is it possible to add temperature reading with you awesome CLI scripts? The only thing I used WebUi for is to quickly keep an eye on my router temperature, I'm a CLI person and use ssh for everything... Thank you for your awesome contributions!

@Jack Yaz is it possible to add temperature reading with you awesome CLI scripts? The only thing I used WebUi for is to quickly keep an eye on my router temperature, I'm a CLI person and use ssh for everything... Thank you for your awesome contributions!
If there's a fairly standardised way to read it across router models, sure! I'll take a look at merlin's source to see where it gets pulled from.

Hello Jack,
After installing 384_19 firmware on the RT-AC86U I can see the syntax error coming from the ScMerlin script and it refuses to run the code.
(Before update the router fw, ScMerlin was updated first to v1.1.2)
Do you know this issue?
1..png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!