What's new

scMerlin scMerlin - service and script control menu for AsusWRT-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It’s a childish boredom where I get interested in something and then drop it once I’ve had enough. :rolleyes:

I don't think you will get board if you decide to include android inside your ambitions of ScMerlin domination. Maybe an IFFT app or two as well. I can already imagine you telling Alexa to tell ScMerlin to restart your NTPD or your VPNS1.

AC-RT66U, 380.70.

Why I can see three VPN clients only?

Attachments

• Безымянный.png
    Безымянный.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 121
Do you have an IP address defined for the other clients?
Sorry, I don't understand.
I have five clients by default.
Three of them have been set. The running one is first.
Scmerlin shows two inactive clients and one that was never configured. The first client that is running is not shown.

Sorry, I don't understand.
I have five clients by default.
Three of them have been set. The running one is first.
Scmerlin shows two inactive clients and one that was never configured. The first client that is running is not shown.
The script checks if the IP Address field for the VPN client has a value. Can you send a screenshot of the address field for each of your 5 clients?

Here we go.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    227.1 KB · Views: 157
  • 2.png
    2.png
    228.6 KB · Views: 152
  • 3.png
    3.png
    228.8 KB · Views: 151
  • 4.png
    4.png
    317.9 KB · Views: 145
  • 5.png
    5.png
    316.4 KB · Views: 155
Thanks - I think I have a bug in the way things enumerate. To confirm, can you run:
Code:
nvram show 2> /dev/null | grep ^vpn_client._addr
please?

vpn_client5_addr=
vpn_client3_addr=srv8.vpn.zaborona.help
vpn_client1_addr=vpn.zaborona.help
vpn_client4_addr=
vpn_client2_addr=vpn.zaborona.help

On my setup the clients are returned in order. Perhaps it is some other issue.

vpn_client1_addr=us-florida.privateinternetaccess.com
vpn_client2_addr=
vpn_client3_addr=us-atlanta.privateinternetaccess.com
vpn_client4_addr=str-arn302.strongconnectivity.com
vpn_client5_addr=

vpn_client5_addr=
vpn_client3_addr=srv8.vpn.zaborona.help
vpn_client1_addr=vpn.zaborona.help
vpn_client4_addr=
vpn_client2_addr=vpn.zaborona.help
Can you run
Code:
scmerlin develop

and let me know if this fixes the issue?

Just pushed a change which should fix this, hopefully
First of all, I appreciate your work day by day - it's awsome what you and the other guys here make of that router :cool:

The latest fix seems not to work for me, the menu offers to restart Client 3, but I've configured only Client 1.
Code:
nvram show | grep vpn_client._addr
correctly lists Client 1 as the only one with an address. I'm running latest version 1.1.1

Edit - ahh I should have read all posts until the end... I'm not the only one with that issue.
In fact,
Code:
scmerlin develop
fixes the issue for me :)

Last edited:
First of all, I appreciate your work day by day - it's awsome what you and the other guys here make of that router :cool:

The latest fix seems not to work for me, the menu offers to restart Client 3, but I've configured only Client 1.
Code:
nvram show | grep vpn_client._addr
correctly lists Client 1 as the only one with an address. I'm running latest version 1.1.1

Edit - ahh I should have read all posts until the end... I'm not the only one with that issue.
In fact,
Code:
scmerlin develop
fixes the issue for me :)
Cool, having someone verify it resolves the issue means I can merge the PR. I was hesitant to do it without confirmation of it actually fixing the problem!

I'm running Connmon, ntpMerlin, spdMerlin, YazFi, Skynet and uiDivStats. Occasionally after a reboot, the userX.asp pages don't correctly get setup and I won't be able to navigate to one or more of the custom pages. Is there something in scMerlin that would reset this or could be added.

I'm running Connmon, ntpMerlin, spdMerlin, YazFi, Skynet and uiDivStats. Occasionally after a reboot, the userX.asp pages don't correctly get setup and I won't be able to navigate to one or more of the custom pages. Is there something in scMerlin that would reset this or could be added.
Des your USB get mounted or does it show as unmounted in the initial page?

v1.1.2 is now available!
Changelog:
Code:
Fix for VPN Client enumeration when nvram vars are not in ascending numerical order

Jack Yaz
If you want to add another utility to scMerlin it might be helpful if you added the command to stop/remove Skynet in case it get corrupted. Recently my USB drive failed and after I replaced it Skynet kept looking for the old USB meaning that I had to SSH in and stop the firewall/Skynet before I could reinstall Skynet.

Thanks again for all your useful scripts.

Hey @Jack Yaz
As you can see, only my vpn client 3 is on - so that should the the only one to show for reboot.
However, it's also showing the first one (Wich is stopped)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200711-103520249.png
    Screenshot_20200711-103520249.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_20200711-103509888.png
    Screenshot_20200711-103509888.png
    111.6 KB · Views: 134

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!