What's new

scMerlin scMerlin v2 - Service and script control menu for AsusWRT-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

when things are broke i like to fix ASAP :)
it helped that today is a late shift at work so i had time in the morning to get it fixed!
Late shift? People, please buy the man some more coffee. Coding requires caffeine!

coffee-meme.jpg

Web UI doesn't seem to appear after updating. And when I run scmerlin from the CLI there's this message:

Code:
WebUI for scMerlin is available at:
WebUI page not found

Things I've tried so far to bring back the web UI:
- Uninstall, reboot, install
- Force update
- Uninstall, delete user2.asp & user2.title under /tmp/var/wwwext, then install via amtm/cURL
- Turning off and on scmerlin's USB features
- Listing webpage mounts in scmerlin, with menu option w (doesn't list user2.asp)
- Hard refresh after every installation/reinstallation

Installation scripts says it's mounting the web UI as user2.asp, it does create the files but doesn't mount.

I'm totally lost here, any ideas?

Web UI doesn't seem to appear after updating. And when I run scmerlin from the CLI there's this message:

Code:
WebUI for scMerlin is available at:
WebUI page not found

Things I've tried so far to bring back the web UI:
- Uninstall, reboot, install
- Force update
- Uninstall, delete user2.asp & user2.title under /tmp/var/wwwext, then install via amtm/cURL
- Turning off and on scmerlin's USB features
- Listing webpage mounts in scmerlin, with menu option w (doesn't list user2.asp)
- Hard refresh after every installation/reinstallation

Installation scripts says it's mounting the web UI as user2.asp, it does create the files but doesn't mount.

I'm totally lost here, any ideas?
that would mean it's not being added to /tmp/menuTree.js

which other Addons are you running?

@Jack Yaz Just updated to 2.2.1 and something has broken again! o_O

It looks like they're mounting in the logs, but only getting Connmon, NtpMerlin and spdMerlin in the webgui. This is on my AX88U. I've rebooted after updating scMerlin and done another 3 reboots after trying a couple of things and getting the same outputs.

EDIT - I'm using safari

@Jack Yaz Just updated to 2.2.1 and something has broken again! o_O

It looks like they're mounting in the logs, but only getting Connmon, NtpMerlin and spdMerlin in the webgui. This is on my AX88U. I've rebooted after updating scMerlin and done another 3 reboots after trying a couple of things and getting the same outputs.
can you share a syslog copy? also output of:
Code:
grep user /tmp/menuTree.js
everything loading properly on my 86U and 68U :(
are you running the stable or develop FlexQos?

can you share a syslog copy? also output of:
Code:
grep user /tmp/menuTree.js
everything loading properly on my 86U and 68U :(
are you running the stable or develop FlexQos?
syslog - https://pastebin.com/ja3KEgm6

Code:
{url: "user1.asp", tabName: "CakeQOS-Merlin"},
{url: "user2.asp", tabName: "FlexQoS"},
{url: "user3.asp", tabName: "connmon"},
{url: "user4.asp", tabName: "ntpMerlin"},
{url: "user5.asp", tabName: "spdMerlin"},
if(userRSSI_support){

Guessing Stable as I've just re-installed it and come off CAKE, wanted to test it again as the congestion in my area seems to have calmed down now.

syslog - https://pastebin.com/ja3KEgm6

Code:
{url: "user1.asp", tabName: "CakeQOS-Merlin"},
{url: "user2.asp", tabName: "FlexQoS"},
{url: "user3.asp", tabName: "connmon"},
{url: "user4.asp", tabName: "ntpMerlin"},
{url: "user5.asp", tabName: "spdMerlin"},
if(userRSSI_support){

Guessing Stable as I've just re-installed it and come off CAKE, wanted to test it again as the congestion in my area seems to have calmed down now.
have you checked everything is up to date, use amtm for most, modmon manually.
modmon and scmerlin show as mounting as 6 and 7...so not sure where they've gone

have you checked everything is up to date, use amtm for most, modmon manually.
modmon and scmerlin show as mounting as 6 and 7...so not sure where they've gone
I always forget about modmon with it not being in the amtm menu!! o_O

Nail on the head once again Jack.. Updated modmon and rebooted (twice, just to be sure!) and it's resolved again.

Many thanks

Yesterday the same happened to me with the pages not being mounted. However, they were on the menu tree file.
A reboot fixed the issue, after updating all the addons

What output do you get from grep redirect /tmp/menuTree.js
JavaScript:
{url: "javascript var helpwindow=window.open('/javascript var helpwindow=window.open('/ext/shared-jy/redirect.htm','_blank')','_blank')", tabName: "Help & Support"},

PS: I needed to remove ":"s from "javascript:" since forum doesn't allow me to paste those.

can you check all scripts are up to date using amtm? you may also need to reboot since the Addons tab was changed to fix a firefox issue

Yes, everything seems up to date, however, it caught my attention that uiDivStats also struggles to generate stat graphics (numbers are fine tho).

I'll reboot once more and let you know.

JavaScript:
{url: "javascript var helpwindow=window.open('/javascript var helpwindow=window.open('/ext/shared-jy/redirect.htm','_blank')','_blank')", tabName: "Help & Support"},

PS: I needed to remove ":"s from "javascript:" since forum doesn't allow me to paste those.

Yes, everything seems up to date, however, it caught my attention that uiDivStats also struggles to generate stat graphics (numbers are fine tho).

I'll reboot once more and let you know.

Ok, after a reboot scmerlin web UI seems to work again, uiDivStats is still buggy but that's a problem to be discussed in another topic. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your great work.

Screenshot_2021-04-04 scMerlin.png

Code:
function show_memcpu(){
    document.getElementById("mem_total_td").innerHTML = mem_stats_arr[0] + " MB";
    document.getElementById("mem_free_td").innerHTML = mem_stats_arr[1] + " MB";
    document.getElementById("mem_buffer_td").innerHTML = mem_stats_arr[2] + " MB";
    document.getElementById("mem_cache_td").innerHTML = mem_stats_arr[3] + " MB";

if(parseInt(mem_stats_arr[5]) == 0){
        document.getElementById("mem_swap_td").innerHTML = "<span>No swap configured</span>";
    }
    else{
        document.getElementById("mem_swap_td").innerHTML = mem_stats_arr[4] + " / " + mem_stats_arr[5] + " MB";
        document.getElementById("nvram_td").innerHTML = round(mem_stats_arr[6]/1024,2).toFixed(2) + " / " + nvramtotal + " KB";
        document.getElementById("jffs_td").innerHTML = mem_stats_arr[7];
    }
}

Are my NVRAM and JFFS values destined to be eternally trapped in an "else" block due to not having a swap file? :)

Many thanks for all the time and effort you manage to find that keeps bringing us new toys to play with!

Reactions: pdc
I really like the 'WebUI Addons' section, but the links included are http, whereas I am using https, so they don't work (they redirect to the login page). Any chance you can match the protocol to that used to access the page?

I also have a question about the Addons page itself, is there any way to set the order of the tabs in that page? It seems that the order changes every once in a while which throws me off a bit. Not a big problem, just wondering.

Very handy utility, thanks!

I really like the 'WebUI Addons' section, but the links included are http, whereas I am using https, so they don't work (they redirect to the login page). Any chance you can match the protocol to that used to access the page?

I also have a question about the Addons page itself, is there any way to set the order of the tabs in that page? It seems that the order changes every once in a while which throws me off a bit. Not a big problem, just wondering.

Very handy utility, thanks!
Do you have https only, or both, set? I'm pretty sure i used some of Dave's code to get the web urls

Reactions: pdc

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!