What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

7areeftoo

New Around Here
Hello, I want to buy Asus's ZenWifi XT8. But before doing that I have a question.

I have a Cisco Access Point (Model: AIR-AP1832I-E-K9). Can I set up my 2 Asus units and connect the Cisco AP as a third unit with them?, having them all broadcast the same SSID as a one network and have a good wifi performance.

I would really appreciate any help. Thanks.

I am presuming that one of the ZenWifi XT8’s will be the primary router as that would be required to set up the second ZenWiFi XT8 as an AI mesh node.
If the Cisco unit is hardwired to the primary router, it will work as an access point, however it will not be part of the smart connect handoff between the two XT8’s, so once a device is connected to the Cisco unit, it will stay connected even if the device is moved nearer to either of the XT8 units.

you should also consider the number of wireless devices that you connect to the XT8’s as they only have 512MB of dram which may not allow a large number of connected devices.

If you do get the Zen WiFi units they will be upgraded as part of the setup process, i would however suggest that you check a on regular basis for updated firmware As they are relatively new designs with some interesting quirks, that I am sure will get fixed

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!