What's new

Should I change

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Blueman2

New Around Here
Running an Airlink101 AR504 for the last couple of years but have a chance to get a ZyWall 2 Plus pretty cheap.

I have not had any issues with the AR504 but wondered if it is worth updating. My practice is normally to buy older gear as cheaply as possible, then upgrade every few years. I use the SNB chart standings to find the units that had the best value proposition when they were current, then look for those models when the prices drop under $50.

Was running Smoothwall on an old Penguin PIII server but it died and I had to revert back to the RP114. I found the Airlink101 shortly thereafter.

My network is small, I have a GS724T (with some dead ports) connected to the Airlink101 and two WAG302 AP's connected to the switch. I have one wired client and five wireless clients, none with N capability. Two clients running Win7 the remainder running XPSP3.

Broadband is Comcast, cable modem is a Motorola Surfboard.

Thanks for any comments or suggestions, I have learned a lot from this site.

If you are happy with your setup, leave it alone.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!